Getting her fixed up my way

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by crazymama30, Jul 11, 2018.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I am getting the new pup organized and ready for camping. I bought a bunch of bins to put stuff in and then I can put the bins in the storage areas under the dinette seat. I have other bins for other cupboards. The storage area under the U shaped seating area is where I am keeping stuff I don't need to get to all the time as it is kinda a pain to get to. I went and bought the supplies to make a hanging shelf where the hanging pantry should be as it did not come with one. I got quite a bit done yesterday after work, and plan on doing more after work tonight.

Camping eta......8 days

Mo8414 and William Freeman like this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    That is called "making it your own" it never stops either as it is part of the fun.

Orchid likes this.
  3. CivilizedOne

CivilizedOne Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Kentuckiana
    We’ve taken ours new pup out three times. We’ve learned to leave a lot of stuff at home, but even still I’m starting to think I need to make some storage solution up high that is easily removable. Not there yet—I’m more concerned about the menu for our next trip. Priorities, you know!

4. crazymama30

Apr 1, 2017
    Not the best picture, but here is the shelf I put above the sink counter area. Not going to put heavy stuff there, but it should be good for bins and bread, maybe some cleaning supplies and such. I hope it does not cause any problems when I close it up, I don't think it should.

Attached Files:

5. nineoaks2004

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    you might want to unhook it and store it away. Closing up is not the best time to find out it will not work.

6. nineoaks2004

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I have a menu a shopping list and one for the items I keep stocked, After a trip I start planning my next trip. i do a lot of pre-cooked meals, (usually left over that are bagged and frozen) then just nuke and eat, it is to darn hot to spend a lot of time over a fire or a stove. I also stock beef stew etc. and of course viennie sausage, sardines etc. for a quick snack

7. crazymama30

Apr 1, 2017
    I think I will check it out before we leave, and if there is any resistance I will pop it back up and unhook it. It was kinda a pain to get up there as I am vertically challenged

8. sceri

sceri Active Member

Jun 1, 2018
    Washington State
    *SIDEBAR* Do you folks just screw hooks into your roof or are there predefined hooks already there? I know many models (older and newer) have hooks for for those soft hanging baskets etc... and towel racks/hangers, but some look like they have aftermarket hooks screwed in. Not sure I could bring myself to tap the roof....

9. crazymama30

Apr 1, 2017
    Many already have them installed for the hanging pantries the pups come with new, but over time they break for are lost