Gizmos Arrived!!! Did I install them right

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by F239141, Apr 6, 2015.

1. F239141

F239141 New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I got my gizmos in today!!! First off impressed with the look, quality and feel of them, they appear to be a good quality product.

Anyway I installed them today (the pup is set up for my mom she will be out to visit for 2 weeks in a few days) and all seemed to go well. They look installed right.

Cant wait to see how well they work!!! I know my AC would only keep it at 80-82 in direct sunlight, at 95-98 outside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Erie, PA
    Looks right to me. You have to SHW version so you don't need the clamp at the top. It's amazing what those PUGS will do. I set my camper up the other day in the drive way and did a test. It was 40 degrees inside the pup and with the furnace on it was 56 degrees in about 15 minutes. Prior to putting the PUGS on we couldn't feel much difference in temperature with the furnace running.

I'm a believer!!

--Rob--

3. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Looks good!!!

4. F239141

F239141 New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Cool!!!

Cant wait to see the difference!!

5. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    We purchased the Super High Wind ones this past summer for our trip to Branson, MO. They performed well in the summer heat down there.

You will love them!!! Enjoy!!!

6. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Looks right to me, I appreciated that they send their stuff out quick- I ordered them last fall about a week before my trip and they were there with a day to spare.
    They do make a great difference. The 40 degree night we had last weekend didn't feel so cool and the heater wasn't running all night to keep us warm.
    Now I have to order the liner for those really cold nights to get more days camping in comfort.

7. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

It works did you order the Gizmo for inside bunkheads?

8. F239141

F239141 New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    No liners, could barely afford the SHW but got them.

9. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Jun 25, 2012
    Looks good! We use those amazing orange clips for lots of stuff in and around the PUP! DH had leftovers from some project at work, years ago. Now we've bought even more.

10. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    It's amazing how well those work. My friends laughed at me until they saw how well they work. We took them off early one time last summer and the camper temp inside skyrocketed within 10 minutes. What surprised me the most was how much heat they keep in the camper on cold mornings. We did not have them at the beginning of the summer and camped on some cold cold nights. By fall we had them. Night and day difference. Every popup owner should have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. sonicblaze

sonicblaze New Member

Feb 3, 2013
    What did you clip them all to under the bunk ends? Did you install D-rings in places, or found existing frame parts to clip to? I just received mine in the mail today, can't wait to test installing them this weekend!

12. F239141

F239141 New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I'll try to post pics of how they are installed

13. TheMaineAgenda

TheMaineAgenda New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    We are ordering some too. Can't wait to try them. The owner of these is a genius ! [:)C]

14. 800ruben

800ruben New Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Out of curiosity, can I leave the Gizmos on the bunk bed when closing? In other words, can I leave them on all the time without having to take them down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Erie, PA
    Absolutely, the amount of space taken up by them is virtually non existent. We leave ours on, only take them off if they got overly wet so we can get them dried/cleaned off.

--Rob--