Grizzly Grip Roof Repair

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by NYR774, Apr 26, 2018.

1. wolfman13

wolfman13 New Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Yours turned out great, makes me wish I would have completely stripped mine also. But I didn't, filled in all the cracks and am now ready to apply GG. I've already purchased the product and some extra rollers. My question is, what are people doing on the edges, the channel along the top, the two raised pieces on top and near the awning? Are they cutting in with a brush at all? Seems like it would be hard to do it all with rollers and still have adecent finish

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I plan on cutting around mine, but have really no clue untill I get to doing it. Take some before and after shots for me please.

3. eagerbeaver

eagerbeaver New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Thanks for responding fless, I really don't know what I was worried about... for future coaters that GG was SO sticky I think it would stick to anything. Anyway, got 2 coats on it last night and still have enough for one more coat. How long should I wait between this 3rd coat from the 2nd one? This is what it looked like last night and there's no way I was taking that seal off. I tried, but its really tight and its like new so I figured why bother.

To help out the other questions here, I used a brush and just dabbed it in at the awning rail, you can hardly tell the difference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    jnc and DJS12354 like this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Looks like new, better then new, lol. What did you fill the cracks in with?

5. eagerbeaver

eagerbeaver New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    I filled the cracks with dust from the 220 grit sanding, then the acetone wipe. Let it dry for 2 days then put the 2 coats on. That's it. Looks like I got lucky. I'm gonna do one more coat probably on Sat night just to make sure the abs is completely protected from the sun.

6. Megan rohr

Megan rohr New Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Hello, can you tell me how you did this? This is the way we are going to go because we have alot of cracks and the roof is peeling. Also how long did this take you?