This pan was pretty caked with cooking build up, grease, carbon etc. I went through a process of letting it set with easy off in a plastic bag which was working but taking too long. So, I then put it in a fire to cook off the build up. This worked, I did this with two pans. I then cleaned it up with some vinegar and scrubbed with with salt and put it in the oven around 350 to season it with some lard. It looked like progress was being made at this point, sorry I don't have a picture. After the seasoning, I let it sit a bit and put it on the stove top to heat it for some cooking. It wasn't on too long when it came up with this coloration you see in the pic. I read somewhere that its possible to overheat a pan in a fire and it can ruin it. The other, smaller pan isn't looking like this though. Your thoughts or help please.