Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bleueaugust, Sep 12, 2017.

1. bleueaugust

bleueaugust New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Hello my name is Jennifer, I live in southeast Ohio.
    My hubby and I have wanted a camper for years. This past weekend we were given a 1999 8ft Starcraft. Hey you can't beat free. However it has a lot of work to be done because it has set unused for almost 8 years. One window panel covering has been chewed on by mice, not sure how we will replace that yet. It will need a new roof seal and the roof may have a leak around the air conditioner. Maybe it would have been scraped but we are going to do what we can to try and make it usuable again because buying a new one isn't in the budget. And it may take us time to do the fixing up because we aren't sure what all it needs just yet but we are up to the challenge.

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the forums from N/W Fl. Panhandle, congrats on the NTU PUP. One positive thing about rebuilding it yourself, you will know every inch of the unit. Good Luck with the project and Happy Camping

3. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome from NM. DH is originally from SE Ohio, we'll be camping in the yard at his mom's next month.
    Sounds like you have a project ahead of you. Good areas to begin reading are "In the Garage" and "At the Campsite". People have done everything from simple mods to frame-up renovations, so you'll find lots of info.

5. kreeves

kreeves She and her two dogs

Dec 4, 2016
    West Virginia
    Welcome from West Virginia. I have been working on mine and finally got the new floor in. Not flooring, but total wooden floor. My suggestion, and this is my suggestion... step back and asses what needs the make it structurally sound first. Then tackle cosmetic stuff second. To me that its the fun part, making it your own. Best of luck.