Help Needed with Atwood Yoke Style Coupler

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by Valerie Hall, Oct 13, 2018.

1. GreyFox

GreyFox Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    I'd appreciate getting that measurement of your Cheyenne you were going to get for me a few weeks ago ... thanks! :smiley:

Valerie Hall likes this.
  2. Valerie Hall

Valerie Hall New Member

Sep 19, 2018
    North Carolina
    Yep, I agree! It's what I'm doing now, even with the new coupler and the method works for me! Thanks all! :)

3. Valerie Hall

Valerie Hall New Member

Sep 19, 2018
    North Carolina
    Oh my! My apologies!

So I just measured. 12 feet, 2 inches.

The box itself (without the built in front storage compartment) measured 10 feet 2 inches (without bumper). The storage compartment was exactly 24".

Hope that helps and I am so sorry to have forgotten. Life got in the way. :(

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Glad you decided to get a new hitch installed, once they start getting older and rusting they are not dependable and nothing is worse than watching your unit detaching from your vehicle on the road and i speak from experience. Do not forget a lock or pin to put thru the holes on the latch to make sure it stays hooked up.

Valerie Hall likes this.
  5. GreyFox

GreyFox Member

Oct 10, 2018
    S Ontario
    Another forum member with an '06 Cheyenne responded elsewhere, saying he uses a Classic PolyPro III 10' - 12' cover so I think that's what I'll go with as I only want to cover the box and front trunk, not the tanks or battery, and would like to keep the fit fairly snug. Your measurement of 146" confirms this should work just fine so thanks for taking the time to measure! [:D]