Here we go!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andy G., Sep 2, 2017.

1. Andy G.

Andy G. New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    We finally did it. My wife found a great deal on a 1992 Starcraft Starflyer, and we bought it! To say I'm excited would be an understatement. It's in good shape, but needed some cleaning, a battery, and a new water fitting (looks like the previous owner let it freeze). I also replaced one taillight, and the amber porch light lens. We are taking it out next weekend for its maiden voyage to a state park campground. My daughter is excited, and my wife is already stocking it with all the necessities. I'm sure I'll be asking a LOT of questions, so look out! :)
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    Welcome Andy and family! Good luck with the new pop-up.

Andy G. likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome aboard from N/W Fl. Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU PUP, it sounds like you are already doing repairs and are ready to do some mods to "make it your own" take the time to Practice set up and breakdown, also learn how everything works and it will save you time when you start camping, I have used a list for set up and one for breakdown it make it easier so nothing is overlooked (at my age it is called forgotten:) ) Hoping ya'll have many great camping experiences in the future good luck and Happy Camping

Andy G. likes this.
  4. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Welcome from Wisconsin! Congratulations on the new camper! My first was a '94 Starcraft Stardust... very similar... I'm sure you'll love it!

Andy G. likes this.
  5. Andy G.

Andy G. New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Hey mike, I'm in WI too. Devil's Lake this next weekend.

6. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Awesome! Where in WI? Fox Valley here... headed back to Hartman Creek next weekend!

7. Andy G.

Andy G. New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    We are in Sun Prairie. I lived in Appleton as a kid, and went to college in Oshkosh, so I know the area well. We plan on some camping next summer at High Cliff.

8. rich2

rich2 Member

May 3, 2007
    Northampton, PA
    Welcome from PA, congrats on the new to you pop up

Andy G. likes this.
  9. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    So, how was Devil's Lake??

Andy G. likes this.
  10. Andy G.

Andy G. New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    We had a blast! Quartzite campground lot 81, last open site. PUP was perfect, weather was good, and fun was had by all. Beds are comfy, furnace works well, and propane fridge does cool down, eventually. Next time, I'm going to precool it before we leave. Daughter and i hiked and swam, and wife did some writing (she's an author). Really looking forward to a return trip asap.

11. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Good stuff!!

12. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Congratulations on a great first trip!

13. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    [QUOTE="Andy G., post: 1158670, member: 98255] propane fridge does cool down, eventually. Next time, I'm going to precool it before we leave.[/QUOTE] if you decide to run it on 12v while driving to campsite you might want to add a heavier gauge wire to charge your Pup battery. Don't forget to disconnect it if you stop for any length of time as it will drain your tv battery. My pup came with a seven pin plug but only used 6 so I ran a 10 gauge wire to the extra pin to the tv battery then ran one to from the trailer side of the connector to the battery. Because I use my tv as a battery charger instead of a generator.

Andy G. likes this.