Hey all!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ryan45, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Ryan45

Ryan45 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Burlington, ON
    Hey everyone! I'm Ryan, live in Ontario, Canada! Been looking through the boards for quite a while now and decided to join up. We currently have a park model trailer just outside Kincardine, just off Lake Huron and typically have an 8 month season there (March opening, late November closing). It's my happy place, one might say I am not your ordinary 24 year old (still at home and love going up with my parents.) I'm not a current tent trailer owner, although I see myself purchasing one in the next year or two to do some travelling, kayaking and fishing (we used to have one when I was a kid until my parents purchased our park model in 2000.) Been an avid camper my whole life, basically grew up at the campground and my first time in our old tent trailer I was only 2 weeks old! Dad recalls having to make formula over the Coleman stove!

Look forward to reading up on the rest of the board and meeting you all. For now, enjoy this picture of our vintage Ford Aerostar and our awesome StarCraft PUP. Miss that thing!

Attached Files:

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Welcome aboard from Wisconsin!

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome from N/W Fl Panhandle. Good looking outfit, thanks for sharing
    Good Luck and Happy camping

7. Ryan45

Ryan45 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Burlington, ON
    Thanks for all of the welcomes!

8. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia

9. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the portal!

10. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Welcome to PopUpPortal.

11. MattF350

MattF350 Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Syracuse, NY
    Welcome from New York!

12. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. I've spent some time in an old Aerostar. We enjoyed that vehicle.

13. Ryan45

Ryan45 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Burlington, ON
    Thanks everyone for the hellos!!

We loved that van. It was the best, seriously built for camping! Stored so much in there lol.

14. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Welcome from Georgia! My aunt & uncle had something like your park model trailer on a lake in Michigan for a couple years. I got to go up there and hang out with my cousin a few times.

Good luck finding the right popup for you and making some new adventures!

15. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    Welcome from Southern Kentucky.
    Cool vintage pic.

16. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Welcome to the Portal from the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Great to have you join up. I know the Kincardine area extremely well, beautiful country there.

17. Ryan45

Ryan45 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Burlington, ON
    It's nice having a park model, the longer seasons for sure is a big positive! Lake Michigan is gorgeous!

Elmira, eh?! I know that area quite well..we take Hwy 86 all the way up from Guelph to Lucknow! We are at Fisherman's Cove. As you said, nice area! Nice to meet you as well!

18. Wrenchgear

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Ah yes, Fisherman's Cove, right at Black Horse Golf Course. The big town of Lucknow, I've been working there for the past 5 years. I just ran out of work there about 2 months ago and don't go any more. I loved it up there.

19. Ryan45

Ryan45 New Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Burlington, ON
    Haha too funny, such a small world. Do you travel from Elmira daily then? You definitely know about the ice cream at Holyrood General store then!

20. Wrenchgear

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Well, sadly I don't go up anymore. I would travel from my place, over to my old boss's farm near Stratford. From there I would go to St. Helens, which is only 5 mins from Lucknow. I would then travel back and forth from St. Helens to various farms and cottages in the area. I went basically from Goderich up to North Bruce, which is north of Tiverton a ways. On the east boundary, I would go from Hanover to Holland Center and up to Owen Sound. So if you were to draw a line making an area that those towns border, thats where I was. I never went for ice cream in Holyrood, but always saw lots of Amish guys parked there.