His Gift to Me Pt 2!

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by psalmist121, Nov 10, 2017.

1. psalmist121

psalmist121 Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Hello Fellow Poppers,

I wanted to write a follow-up story to the post I wrote six months ago. (If you didn’t read it, please go back before you read this post so it makes sense.)

I invited a dear friend of mine to join me and my family on the camp-out I wrote about, which was planned over Father’s Day week. I’ve known Larry for almost 40 years as he was one of my deceased husband’s best buddies. Gary and Larry met in kindergarten over 60 years ago. Through Gary, I was introduced to Larry. In fact, when I decided to relocate to Florida, Larry was responsible for moving me across the United States. Since then, we all kept in close touch, road motorcycles together, traveled, and even camped together. Sadly, Larry lost his wife to cancer eight years ago. And when my husband Gary passed, Larry was one of the first to find out.

Fast forward one year- When Larry planned to camp with us in June, neither he or I knew what God had in store for either of us. There’s nothing like a campfire to bring out laughter, tears, and lots of reminiscing. We looked into the flickering flames each night and talked about our hopes, dreams, and goals, learning they were exactly the same. And then it hit us both like cord of wood... we were meant to finish out this season of our lives together, turning an old friendship into a golden relationship.

Six months have passed since then and I’m happy to report we were married last Sunday. In fact, I write this from my honeymoon lounge chair. Larry is a gift from
    God to me. He loves to camp, builds a jammin’ fire, and has an exhilarating spirit of adventure. We’re both astounded at what God has done.

I never thought life would ever be the same since Gary passed, yet God saw fit to knock my Keen’s off. Together, we celebrate our deceased spouses lives by living what we have left to the fullest, popping any chance we get.

For me, this is truly a love story with a fairytale ending. I never thought I would see the silver lining in my camping clouds. But I’ve been reminded our best days are just ahead.

If you’re holding out for a hope or a dream, watch and wait. If you’ve given up on what’s good, stand fast and don’t waiver. Because when you least expect it, He’ll set up camp right in the middle of your site!

Larry and I hope we run into you somewhere off-road, sharing s’mores. Until then, God Bless each and everyone of you :)

Chrissy Larson Leonhardt

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    NMroamer, pasobuff and DJS12354 like this.
  2. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    When God closees a door, he opens a window...... I was very touched by your original post, this one as well....so glad to hear of this turn in your life's adventure.

3. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Congratulations!

4. NMroamer

NMroamer Active Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Albuquerque NM
    Congratulations, so happy for you.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Congratulations, what a blessing you have had, to be able to grow through all the changes, and not wallow.

6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations!
    After two failed marriages, I found the love of my life. We've been together for 11 years and married for 8. I often wonder why it took me almost 50 years to find the right one. [:)C]

7. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    Awesome Ending...Or should We say beginning....

8. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Congratulations! So good to hear you've again found happiness!

9. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    What an amazing story! I'm so happy for you that you have a wonderful new partner to spend your camping and life with!