His Gift to Me

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by psalmist121, May 30, 2017.

1. psalmist121

psalmist121 New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    The last thing he did before leaving the campground the night he was killed was give me a hug and a kiss, and tell me he loved me. Such a precious memory :)

2. psalmist121

psalmist121 New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    My family is good about finding me wherever I'm camping and joining me. They rotate in and out of the pop-up. I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful support system through this season :) God Bless !

3. silverfz

silverfz Member

Aug 8, 2013
    So sorry to read about your husband. But i am happy he left you such a great gift .

Me and My wife actually learned to camp together and she does solo camp with kids and so do i. but 90% of the time we are together. She taught me camping , towing and dogs [i never had one till she got me one] while i taught her how to ride a motorcycle. I love to camp and spend time with kids so the motorcycle sits most times . been riding from 14 yrs and i am too old to give up now.
    its hard for me to explain why i will never give it up.so i can connect with your husband`s mind better i think.
    i had given up motorcycle for a while and as my wife put it. I was not right and she dragged me to a dealership to buy one.
    she does not ride anymore after kids , but i do. she gets all worried when i head out on my trips or overnighters . But i do see her point especially with all the texting and driving.
    I always now remember to tell her i love her when i leave on a ride.you never know.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. HotelRoyale

HotelRoyale Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Bless your soul, psalmist121! My dear wife and camping buddy passed away April 2016 too and I'm struggling to move forward. I haven't camped since she died ... but I'm trying to get it together. I bought a used popup and am slowly getting it prepped for a first trip. Your story is inspirational, many thanks for sharing.

5. carriermnky

carriermnky Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Profound story. Intense tears I'm shedding for you. Thank you so much for sharing.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  6. Fischymom

Fischymom Member

Jul 28, 2017
    What an amazing, beautiful, loving, and heart wrenching story. It was what I needed to see today. Thank you