Holland Lake Campground - Flathead National Forest

Discussion in 'Montana' started by samh, May 26, 2015.

1. samh

samh Campin'

Jan 23, 2015
    Bozeman, MT
    Name: Holland Lake Campground - Flathead National Forest
    Phone number: n/a

Overview:
    The Holland Lake Campground and Group Site are located on the shores of Holland Lake in the Swan Valley of northwest Montana and is a great place to enjoy the Flathead National Forest. It offers clean campsites with great lake access and ample opportunities for hiking on the scenic Holland Falls National Recreation Trail.

Natural Features:
    At an elevation of 4,050 feet, the campground sits among tamarack, ponderosa pine and Douglas fir trees. There are some sites close to the 416-acre lake; others are further back or higher on the bank. A variety of wildlife make their home in the area.

Recreation:
    The trailhead for the popular and easy Holland Falls National Recreation Trail is near the campground. The 1.6-mile trail climbs 750 feet, following the shoreline of Holland Lake to the base of Holland Falls waterfall.

Holland Lake provides visitors with plenty of access to water-related recreation. Boating is popular on the lake, as well as water skiing and fishing. Anglers can look forward to catching a variety of trout and kokanee salmon.

Facilities:
    The campground offers 40 individual sites, a day use area and a group site, available for tent and RV camping. Some sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Each site is equipped with tables and campfire rings with grills. Parking areas are covered in gravel, dirt or grass. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. A boat ramp to the lake, as well as boat trailer parking, is also available within the campground. There are no electricity or sewer hookups at the campground, however, there is a dump station within 1/4 mile of the campground.

[​IMG]

2. electronflux

electronflux Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Nice review. I have camped here a couple years ago, but neglected to post a review.

The only downside personally is having to purchase a 2nd fishing license, since Holland Lake is in the western fishing district and I live in the central district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. samh

samh Campin'

Jan 23, 2015
    Bozeman, MT
    Interesting. I honestly had no idea a Montana fishing license wasn't good for the entire state (minus National Parks). Regardless I didn't even bring the fly rod along with me this weekend so no matter.