Holly River SP

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by JMSubRN, Jul 17, 2015.

1. JMSubRN

JMSubRN New Member

Apr 15, 2015
    This was our first trip with the PUP and it far exceeded my expectations.
    Holly River is a beautiful park in the Hacker Valley. It is a scenic drive to get there; Up, down and round and round.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We arrived at noon. From then until about 4am, it rained for all but about 1 hour. We stayed dry and cozy and couldn't believe how wonderful our rainy camping could be. [​IMG]
    The campground has 80+ sites with 3 bath houses. The one in our loop had 4 flush toilet stalls and 4 private shower stalls with warm showers and lockable doors in the ladies room. Not sure about the dude's. Also coin laundry.
    All sites have electric hookups but none have H2O. There is water available at various locations throughout the CG. They are currently upgrading all of the electric connections.
    Many sites are pull thru and all are pretty easily backed into. Some have concrete pads, others have firm chip n run pads. Most are fairly level.
    This was the view from our front door when we finally came out into the dry day after a very, very loud night of rain. [​IMG]
    It was beautiful and a fantastically fun romping area for our girly. She called it the "marsh-meadow"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We finally were able to get a fire going and had a great dinner.
    [​IMG]
    Overall, Holly River did not disappoint! Even with massive rain. I am still in awe of the fact that we stayed dry and can walk into our camping dwelling and turn on a faucet.

Happy camping!

PointyCamper likes this.
  2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Holly River is always worth the drive. Next time ask around and hike to Chupes Chute and potato knob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. rogdan

rogdan New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Holly River has really added camping sites and general upgrades over the past few years we hope to get there before the season is over. Has anyone camped there this season?