Honey wagons

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by jacrabbitt, Jul 9, 2017.

1. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    Recently picked up 12 gal. Due to duration of stay(30 days). Which is the better way to fly? Run directly to wagon or black holding then to wagon? 20 gal black. Is there a rule of thumb on how long one should let black contents brew(urine only). As it is quite a while to fill holding tank. I use a fomaldihide free deorderizer in black tank and have not detected any oder after 11 days.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    General consensus among TT, HTT (and other big rigs) is to dump the black once it is full....

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Our POPUP trailer only has a fresh water storage tank. We have the CASSETTE POTTY setup on our POPUP... It usually needs dumped about every three days. We don't like to use it for #2 and try to use the local bath room bldg for that...

My cassette potty has the 6-gallon wheel tank on it and we usually just tote it down to the bath room bldg and pour down their toilet...

We also capture our sink water in two AQUA-TAINER 7-gallon containers. When one gets full we switch to the second one and then tote the full down to the bath room bldg and empty it...

[​IMG]
    google image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

4. SteveP

SteveP Member

May 21, 2015
    But for your needs I'd recommend the transfer at no more than half full. You don't want to run the risk of overflowing that honey bucket.

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    The totes have to be vented to let the air out, so its easy to tell when the tote is getting full, at least it is on my 20 gal tote emptying 28 gal tanks ..

6. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    I use a 25 gal wheeled tote. On an extended stay I empty it about every 4 days. The cassette potty will fill up in about 7 days. I generally dump when close to full. If the cassette is more than 25% or so I will dump on the way out on the last day if the line is short.