Hospitality Creek Campground in Williamstown, NJ

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by jeanmariemc, Jul 21, 2014.

1. jeanmariemc

jeanmariemc New Member

Jun 22, 2012
    We just came back from a family reunion long weekend at Hospitality Creek Campground in Williamstown, NJ.

Our five families camped in adjacent sites across the path from Lake Victory. There were kids ranging from age 4 up to grown "kids" of 20 years. EVERYONE enjoyed this trip because there is such a wide range of things to do. Some fished, some boated, some swam in the pool and some in the lake some in the kids activity pool, some biked, some played ping pong. A few just hung out at the campsites and read/cooked. And we all ate and enjoyed each other's company by the fire in the evenings. It was an incredibly enjoyable weekend. Santa even arrived by canoe to celebrate Christmas in July!

The sites were large and clean. The employees were friendly and helpful (they even offered to back our camper in for us). The pool, lake, picnic part of the campground are also part of a swim club but the folks at both were polite and easy with which to share space.

Having a snack bar available while camping is awesome. Especially when there is so much to do that cooking doesn't sound appealing. Or when you just want some nachos and a smoothie by the lake.

This is not even close to primitive camping or getting back to nature. If that is your goal then this is not the place for you. But if you understand that this is more of an entertainment trip with camping-like aspects, then you will enjoy.

I have to stretch to find room for improvement but I did have one small complaint. Our campground shower/restrooms were also shared by the pools. So everything was always a bit wet and dirty. I'd think a separate bathroom for the pools which doesn't require a trek through sand would be a good idea. It'd be easier for those at the pool and cleaner for the campers using that bathroom. (Note the other bathrooms which were not near the pool seemed clean)

Overall, my description is FANTASTIC. This will now be an annual trip for our family.

2. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    I live about 4 miles from Hospitality Creek so my DW won't let us camp there [:O]. I have never been there personally. The only complaint I have ever heard about the campground is the cost.

3. jeanmariemc

jeanmariemc New Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Go anyway! It's great. As for the cost, it's offset by the fact that there is so much to do. If you camped somewhere and paid for this type of entertainment offsite it would cost much more than the additional expense for HC. And you'd need to travel to get there.

4. dav1966

dav1966 New Member

Sep 6, 2010
    way to far out of my price range friends are going in aug they got a tent site with no electric and is $78 a nite that's just not very hospitable if ya ask me but guess it keeps the riff raff out

5. jeanmariemc

jeanmariemc New Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah, I hear you on the price. It is certainly not cheap. At the risk of sounding like a commercial though, the value is there.

For us it was worth it. The first time we went it was just DH, my son and I. My son who is 4 is our only living child and doesn't have any built in playmates or babysitters aside from us. So it was perfect to have so much for him to do and places to meet other kids that could allow us to relax a bit.

And this year we went with a large group with a wide range of ages. It's difficult to find something enjoyable for everyone in that large and diverse of a group but this place did it.

And yes, it keeps out the riff-raff.

6. Mark G

Mark G New Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Southern NJ
    Just came back from a long weekend at Hospitality Creek.

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, all the things said above are accurate.

I've camped at this campground on and off since I was a child - from the 80s with my parents and our Good Sam Club group, on up to this past weekend. It's always been expensive compared to many, but the quality and care is there. Recommended, especially as a campground for those who do want some creature comforts and don't want to "rough it" too much.

7. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    My wife wont let us camp there, reasons;
    a) price
    2) its about 3 miles from my house
    She says it's just too close.

Mark G likes this.
  8. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Jul 22, 2014
    Thanks for the review. My grand kids would love it. Have put it on the list. It is about 2 hours from me so perfect.