How did you come up with your screen name?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bud121156, Jun 1, 2011.

1. POPUP MUNKY

POPUP MUNKY New Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    Well the firsthe part of my name is self explanatory but the second part of it is my Playstation network user name (G_Munky). Also I love monkeys... or any animal with paws like tiny hands, like raccoons. I like raccoons. My wife... not so much.

2. Popupzoo

Popupzoo New Member

May 8, 2017
    NC
    We have 3 kids and 2 Corgis. We LOVE camping in our pop up but sometimes it feels like a zoo in close quarters. Actually, sometimes it feels like a zoo at home too!;)

3. POPUP MUNKY

POPUP MUNKY New Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    We have 1 daughter and 2 little dogs... a chihuahua and a Maltese and a whole mess of fish so it literally is a zoo sometimes. Especially when the daughter's friends come over.

4. Popz

Popz New Member

May 9, 2017
    All the kids and grandkids call me pops that was taken so replaced S with z

5. WetPlates

WetPlates New Member

Apr 26, 2017
    WetPlates-
    I am a photographer that specializes in the Wet-Plate Collodion process of photography. I make tintypes and ambrotypes.

Calicajun and PointyCamper like this.
  6. Mausinn

Mausinn Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Washington
    Greetings all. My screen name, Mausinn, is a combination of the first part of my first and last names. I use it on most forums I visit. Generally, if you see the name on a forum, it's me.

7. Calicajun

Calicajun Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Lancaster, CA
    Hi All,
    My handle (nick name) was given to me by the Police Jury in Lake Charles, LA. A bunch of us were sent by our work to Louisiana from California, Louisiana being where my dad was born and raised. Anyway I became involved in city and school policies standing up for the underdog changing policies. Someone starting calling me Calicajun and name stuck, soon most everybody was calling me Calicajun.

8. Tx+Tn07

Tx+Tn07 New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    TN
    Hello,
    I created this screen name because I (the wife) am from Tx and he (hubby) is from Tn. 07 because that is when we met and became a couple.

9. CattFisher

CattFisher New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    Leavenworth, Kansas
    Well, My name is Catt but I do love to fish... for catfish so this was my best attempt at a clever username ;-)

10. Daisy on my toe

Daisy on my toe Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Chicago area
    Mine is from a camp song.

11. BirdsNest

BirdsNest Active Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Utah
    Our last name is Bird. Home is affectionately called The Birds' Nest. The pop-up is the mobile (or migratory) Birds' Nest.

Calicajun likes this.
  12. CampingGran

CampingGran New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Louisville, KY
    My granddaughter calls me Gran so I added it to my name.

13. Ronald D. Berry

Ronald D. Berry New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    backroadron I've explored most of America, especially the Canyonlands on the back roads, either on motorcycle, car or past RV's

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  14. Aneemal33

Aneemal33 Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Minnesota
    Ok this is convoluted, so stick with me.

Way back when the internet was new, I logged on to a message board and picked the user name Animal because I am a fan of the drummer of the Muppets by the same name. To my chagrin, it was already claimed, so in my cleverness, I substituted 2 "E"s for the "I" and it became Aneemal. That worked until I went for my first yahoo email address and someone not only as clever as I but faster had already taken that name; so since I was 33 at the time I tacked that on and voila - Aneemal33.

Now... wasn't that worth the journey? [LOL]

15. getndusty

getndusty pull up a stump and sit a spell

Jun 15, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Several years ago I was working hard to pay bills and wasn't able to get out much. I felt like I needed to get out and knock the dust off. Hence the name Getndusty

16. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Member

May 29, 2016
    Mt. Wachusett area, MA
    Decades ago when I joined my first bulletin board (VW diesels) I misread "user name" as "Use yer name!", so I did.
    Years later when some pretense of anononymity was desired I mulled over several possible pseudonyms. Another diesel board member who knew my driving habits said I was nuts for "lugging" my engine and that was that: Lug Nut. Except the user name couldn't have gaps or spaces. One 'underscore' later and that was that.
    I've been using Lug_Nut everywhere else, too.

17. RatherBhiking

RatherBhiking New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Mine is self explanatory

18. MikeCigz

MikeCigz New Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Bridgewater, MA
    It's a funny story... Almost 42 year ago these 2 people I didn't even know at the time named me like a pet :Do_Oo_Oo_O

19. pepsi49801

pepsi49801 New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Alanson, MI
    Back when I was a teenager, I only drank Pepsi. I collected everything and anything that had the Pepsi logo on it, and even got a tattoo. All of my friends called me Pepsi, and some still do, almost 30 years later. The 49801 is the zip code of where I grew up. Designated the user name way back when with my first email address in 1998, still use that same account to this day.

20. MarineMom1

MarineMom1 New Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Alabama
    Just became a member of the group. Mine came from being a Mom of a 6'7" First Sgt. Marine.