How do I remove the propane line from the back of the fridge without damaging

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by shaxs, Jul 4, 2018.

1. shaxs

shaxs Active Member

Feb 25, 2018
    I'm trying to remove the fridge so that I can get underneath the cabinet to take the counter top off. I was trying to remove the propane line to the back of the fridge but anytime I try to put any pressure to unscrew it the little control panel to the right of it starts to turn with it. I have already busted off the propane line to the inside gas range so I'm really nervous about taking this off. What is the best way to take this off without damaging the pipe?

Also I just need to remove the propane line unplugged the hundred twenty volt and disconnect the two 12v wires going to the back as well? Then there are two screws that I need to come out and then I just push it forward?

20180704_164145.jpg

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Soak the connection and use a good fitting wrench. Try too tighten it first then loosen. If the connection doesn't have a fixed side like the above photo, use two wrenches.

neighbormike and joet like this.
  3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    As Ray said, you will have to use the second wrench to hold the fitting so you can loosen the flair nut without damaging the control valve

4. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Two wrenches.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    And spraying it a day before with penetrating oil works wonders for stuck stuff.

6. shaxs

shaxs Active Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Okay thanks. I will do that. I had used two wrenches on the stove connection and the pipe still bent and broke.