How I made our homemade bunk end covers

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by Misc99, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    These are like the high wind Gizmos without the straps over the top. In four years of pretty high winds, I've never needed to add the straps, any windier conditions and we would not be camping.

Here's the link to the google doc explaining how I made them. These and the Reflectix are the best thing we've done for our camper next to buying it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JzLteC-MsKVXaPFCk77w7yBVIpas6u_xCHeQHL7ewP8/edit?usp=sharing

2. DiscoB75

DiscoB75 Guest

How serendipitous! I basically am doing the exact same thing, down to the same brand of space blanket [:D]
    I have all of the materials ready to go, except for the camper, which is in storage until next weekend.

I'll see if I can come up with something less messy to adhere the velcro, as I was going to use Gorilla Glue, too.

3. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Maybe knowing it is messy will help. Maybe the underside of your roof will be easier to do. Make sure you use water and clamps. I used scrap baseboards to hold sections of the velcro with the clamps. I did it in small sections at a time.

That is cool you are set to go. Great minds think a like! Please share how it goes.

BTW are you on the popup campers owners FB page or the popup modificatios page? Both great group of people. I've learned, shared, smiled, and laughed with these groups.

4. DiscoB75

DiscoB75 Guest

I will definitely keep you updated.
    Unfortunately, I am not on facebook.

5. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    That's OK that you aren't on FB. If you do join sometime, you must check out the two groups I mentioned.

I'm looking forward to seeing your final product.

6. popupgizmo

popupgizmo Member

Jul 23, 2008
    I checked out your project....the design looks "vaguely" familiar. (LOL...sorry, I couldn't resist!)

I love DIY, that's what got PUGS started. And I appreciate that you mentioned us in your google doc :>)

Cheers,

Bob Pitney
    www.popupgizmos.com

7. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I'm glad you chimed in. You all have a FANTASTIC product (much better than my final result) and I have never heard anyone say anything bad about your customer service. The best bar none. This was just something I could do and wanted to do for our PUP.

Ya all keep up the good work!!!
    Elaine Schuller