How many people own a Jayco x213?

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Dudman5703, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    We're years from buying a camper, but we've found our next move.

I guess this is a hybrid. We've known we'd move on at one point. We're in the city for a while and don't have the space to store one yet. We love this unit because it's big, has room for friends / kids in the future and creates space like a pop up without being as big as a TT a similar size with a bedroom.

I was curious if there were any quirks people had with them. Our other option is a 3 bunk hybrid. Michigan weather being a full hard wall would be cool, but, both are awesome. This x213 and other units have been around a very long time I've seen so I was hoping for some feedback. Love to hear thoughts.

2. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    We looked real hard at one back in 2010 but still haven't got one yet.

The X213 prior to 2010 had leaking problem with the seal around the hugh BED slide. It also had a problem with the slide rail always needed adjustment for being level. If it got out of level it would tear up the seats upholstery when sliding in and out... They claimed all of that got fixed starting with the 2010 model...

There is only the two of us and I was excited about taking the bunk beds out and making that area into an OFFICE/Ham Radio room looking something like this drawing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

3. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

Oct 7, 2010
    My brother has the Surveryor version of that layout, close to 10 years. He has two kids, my nephew is 16 and niece is 12. They love the camper. I just looked at a 19XUD last weekend, and will probably be pulling the trigger on that in a few weeks.

4. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Love the HAM radio idea, we went to a local RV show and found a fiver with an office in it. Such a weird thing, and I sorta liked it. The 19XUD was a good looking one to me anyways, she wasn't so found of having to climb over the dinette though.

5. bikendan

bikendan Member

Feb 26, 2012
    The 213 is NOT a hybrid. It has no canvas tent ends. A hybrid is a blend of a popup canvas tent ends and a hard sided TT.

The 213 is just a regular TT, that has the bed slideout on the rear, instead of on the side of the trailer, the more common location.

6. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    So the hard side pop-ups are not pop-ups? Good logic. Also, your comment is ridiculous and helps no one. It's a hybrid because it blends "dark" true travel trailer with Pop-up (or out). Still not a contest and the admins can move this post if it's actually needed. Thanks for nothing, hope you find your peace.

7. bikendan

bikendan Member

Feb 26, 2012
    I respectfully disagree and RVIA backs up my definition of a hybrid TT. I meant no disrespect to the OP, just wanted to clarify the differences
    R-Vision, who invented the hybrid travel trailer back in 1989, coined the term and stated it blended the canvas bed ends of a popup/tent trailer with the body of a hard sided trailer.

I've also been on various Hybrid forums for over 14 years and I owned one for over 10 years.

Have you owned a hybrid?

8. coney

coney New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    New Jersey
    I have to agree with @bikendan on this one.
    Dudman5703 your attitude sucks.if you don't like the responses ti your post you can either disregard them or don' tpost in a public forum, but what you should do is keep your attitude to yourself, and quit being a baby

9. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Apr 17, 2012
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Thanks guys. I chuckled a bit.

I don't get the "baby" part of it. I hope it's a joke and not a dick swinging contest.

Enjoy whatever you like, that's why I'm asking. We are in michigan here and when we go to the RV shows it makes me miss our time camping. Stop being mad or an 'adult" I guess. Hope you don't camp next to me.