How to repair vinyl tent?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by nomad_archer, May 19, 2017.

1. nomad_archer

nomad_archer New Member

May 9, 2017
    Brickerville, PA
    So I was inspecting my new to me pop up and noticed the vinyl tent material had two pin holes and one small 1/16"or so tear. Can anyone recommend a good product to patch the tent material?

Thanks in advance - Nomad

2. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Surprise, AZ
    bear creek canvas recommended "Performix VLP" for the pin holes in my vinyl, i had to order it online since I could not located it in town. (I havent used it yet because I want to give everything a nice clean down inside and out before I repair it.)

nomad_archer likes this.
  3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Some have used Shoe Goo or one of the more goo-like tent sealers for pin holes. For tears, many have had good luck with Tear-Aid. They make a vinyl and a fabric version. I bought it at Amazon and a sporting goods store, I think I've seen it at Walmart.
    https://www.tear-aid.com/

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Shoe Goo or Goop.... Same stuff... You can put on a blob and smooth it with a wet finger. It sticks great, but will peel off and not leave a mess if you want it off later.

nomad_archer likes this.
  5. nomad_archer

nomad_archer New Member

May 9, 2017
    Brickerville, PA
    Excellent. I picked up shoo goo today and will be doing the repair tomorrow. Thanks everyone.