I loved my popup, but now, I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jackyl, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Amazon costs money. The portal show me how to spend the money. That's the difference........

Orchid likes this.
  2. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Towing in the rain didn’t cause the problem. Especially one trip even if it was 11 hours. Sounds like something might’ve been leaking the whole time or at least a big portiOn of it. And the pup wouldn’t make a difference because had it been a self contained with the same leak, you probably would’ve fell through the floor. Best practice is to inspect your unit every season change at least. That’s only 4 times a year in the grand scheme of things. Like they say in the boating world; “A boat never breaks down on the water, the owner just thought it did. It broke in the driveway but he/she just didn’t catch it before they left home”.

3. Jackyl

Jackyl New Member

Aug 6, 2018

I love Ambien but, have been off it for years, makes me sleep good, but, there's that 15 minutes between when you take it, and when you fall that always leaves questionable things in your life. (especially if you take it with beer). LMAO

neighbormike and Orchid like this.
  4. Jackyl

Jackyl New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    So to clarify, about 2/3rds of the floor is spongy, although some will question my honesty I'm sure, we've never had a leak inside our camper, never, not once. (not to say the 1st owner didn't.) I installed an AC unit, which is why I did not push the issue because I'm sure that StarCraft would say it was not a factory installed AC, so, that IS the problem. We have never, ever had water above the linoleum, ever. Not from rain, not from the sink, not from the hot water tank, not from the roof. The beds, and the floor have never been wet.
    However, I did discover that the underside, the "water barrier" looks like nothing more than a worn out pool winter cover. My bad for not inspecting this, but this was my 1st camper. So I guess what I will do is, piece in a total new floor, and use freaking Phil's flex seal to seal the underside of the camper once complete, update the flooring, and either enjoy it a while longer, or sell it.
    There is a lot to be learned here, for sure. Thank you for all the support and comments. :)

5. Jackyl

Jackyl New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    crazyshit.com is good too, and very addicting.

6. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Canton, Georgia
    Ambien, No...

But, After a couple of Tito's and Soda... All Bet Are Off...[8D]

Rik Peery likes this.
  7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    just want to let you know that you shouldn't seal the underside of the camper as it will prevent the floor from breathing and prevent moisture from excaping. The underside of my camper is un protected no barrier of any kind and came that way from the factory. Just thinking out loud here but a leak may not have been coming from the inside but behind the wall. kind of like a puddle just spreads out once it hits the floor it it has no where to go so just spreads out trying to find an exit. Grant you that is the worst kind of leak because you can't see it. It's very common with the campers that have the front trunk. It's a possibility the previous owner stored the camper in an area that receives a lot of moisture on a constant basis. That vapor barrier is what prevented you from really looking under the camper to see if there was a problem before you bough the unit.

8. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    What's Ambien? No pills, no medications....68.5.

Natureangel likes this.
  9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Call the dealer up, I came across some threads a while ago that had campers that used a sealed floor. Some had problums like yours. Maybe search the forum a bit for your model.

10. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Active Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    Sleeping pills. Ambien is one that can have extremely weird side effects like sleep shopping, sleep eating, sexual dreams, etc.

Dan from Troup likes this.
  11. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Active Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    That's why I take Belsomra. Less potential for those questionable things.

12. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    That sounds rather exotic. :eek:

Toedtoes likes this.
  13. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Active Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    Yeah, my doctor used it for a while. He couldn't figure out why he was putting on weight. He went into his office and found his trash can filled with candy wrappers. He had bee eating the grandkids' snacks in his sleep while he was online buying $30,000 of junk...

He put me on Belsomra because it doesn't do that.