I need a propane regulator with high pressure out

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by mk4, Feb 23, 2019.

1. rabird

rabird Howdy!

screw a bottle on a unregulated HP stove that Fleetwood offered, in 90F temps what happens?

Put an RV pigtail on your back yard grill sans regulator, what happens?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Idk. My stove works fine in 90 degree temperatures. I thought it had a step down regulator on it. I never looked as it works the way its set up.

3. BillyMc

BillyMc Active Member

Every stove I've ever used that connected to unregulated LP had a built in regulator.
    Some cookers use HP LP (I think about 60 PSI) regulators.
    My camper has a LP LP regulator (less than 1 PSI?).
    These connectors look like (not saying they are) the same connectors on my low pressure stove.
    If they are one could connect a stove designed for less than 1 psi to unregulated (100+ psi) LP.
    If there is no problem connecting a low pressure stove to unregulated LP why do we have regulators in the first place?

4. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

does portable grills run on low or high pressure? I just bought 10 ft propane hose so that I could cook on table rather than near popup. Is there any special attention I need to know about? in the past I had to get 2nd propane tank and put it under the table where the grill would be and grill food without any issues. I got tired of getting the propane tank out of storage cargo box and back in so I bought the 10 ft hose. I did not test it but will soon.

5. rabird

rabird Howdy!

here is just one low pressure stove sold without a 'built in' regulator, just like most BBQ grills the 'regulator; is not 'built in'. Both need regulation.

6. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Internally most if not all grills operate on low pressure via a regulator via container pressure.
    RVQII, sidkick and a few others are unregulated and intended you supply the correct pressure.

What make/model of grill do you have? For PU low pressure use folks have been known to remove the regulator from the baby Q and use it directly via the low pressure quick connect on some PUs.

7. Halford

I think I remember seeing a regulator connected to the short hose attached to the grill... NexGrill Fortress grill. I can't remember off hand and last used it last year...

8. rabird

rabird Howdy!

I believe the Fortress comes with a hose and regulator at the container connector, if you take off the hose and regulator you should be able to use the PU's low pressure outside quick connect to operate the grill.

9. Halford

It works best this way? ok I will try this...