If you have a BAL Leveler - do you need Lynx too?

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by lovetocamp2010, May 19, 2011.

1. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

No good picture. This is all I have (baby moon hubcaps had to stay home because they had a tendency to pop off). It's true that if we were really out of level, we wouldn't have gotten enough lift. But we never camped on pavement and always managed.

Funny, I don't put anything under the stabilizers....unless it's an unlevel site and they don't reach. (We did an axle "flip" without changing the stabs so it happens more than it ought to. :) ) A square of plywood would be a cheap solution if the problem is the stab feet sinking into sand/mud/grass.

Attached Files:

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I'll say yes.. get at least 2 bags of 10 Lynx Levelers.. Why you may ask.. Well Lynx Levelers can be used for so many things .. Besides the posibility of needing one under your lowside tire to "lift it" up for the BAL to slide under ( I encopuntered this at more then one campsite), needing one, maybe two under each stab foot ( yes my stabs had sand pads) so the stabs are not at full deployment (full deployment = less stability) but they can be used to Level a picnic table, level aluminum roll top table the bbq or Coleman stove sits on. They can level a chair around the campfire, they can be used to raise the grey water tank up if the hose is too short, they can be used to build an "extra" step, They can be used under the tongue jack (removed the stupid wheel from my pup the day we got it.) to prevent full extension to level front to back, Normally I use an old piece of 10x10x10 for this but sometimes 10" block is too much, so Lynx replaces the wood block. Lynx Levelers can be used used to fill an ankle twisting gopher hole on the site and they can even be used as a make shift frisbee if needed..

Currently I have 6 full bags of Lynx Levelers, a 4-pack of them and 2, 4-packs of Lynx Caps.. At our KoTS Rally a couple weeks ago I had 62 Lynx Levelers and 2 caps in use, had a full bag under each front stab, a total of 14 under the low side tires (in two rows) two under a picnic table and the rest along with two caps made up an extra step..

To go even further, I also have 5 different Lynx Lites and the Lynx trouble lite..

Sjm9911 and PointyCamper like this.
  3. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

You, Snow, are a fan!
    I though we had a lot with 3 bags, but I bought the 3rd on special sale last year because the batch was cheaper than the (needed extra) chocks alone!
    And Lynxblox float (dont ask me how I know)

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

You people keep buying them, ill buy some stock in the company! Lol.

5. IndyRick

IndyRick New Member

I use a LevelMatePRO & Camco's version of Anderson levelers. I like being told which side/end of the PUP is low, and by how much. The combination reduces the number of trips in/out of the TV while parking and leveling.

6. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

I was wishing I had something this past weekend. Had the Bal almost maxed out, 3 threads showing at the top, and my jack blocks under one stab. But I don't know if Lynx will support the Bal.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Lynx can support 5th wheels... so a BAL Leveler shouldn't be an issue ..