If you have front storage, do you actually use the pull out drawer?

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by bheff, May 10, 2019.

1. bheff

bheff Member

I have a 2011 Forest river with a storage compartment on the front. It can be accessed from the top when the beds are in but from the side when the beds are out. The plastic bin and slide must weight 100lbs. I'm thinking about removing it. I just cant see hauling around an extra 100 pounds.

2. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson Member

I use mine for those bulky items that can't be stored inside, a pail, hoses, gray water tote, my outside shelf system. Things that are light but require space.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I have an older Coleman, they dont have the slide. So basicly, after your set up its only the stuff you can reach thats accessable. I basicly dont use it after im set up, my front trunk has chairs, table, hoses, grill, wood for leveling, etc. So , after i set up i hope to not need anything from there. If the slide is not used and your looking to shave weight, or even just add a few inches of space, remove it. Its your pup!

tombiasi likes this.
  4. darrenandmelissa

darrenandmelissa Member

That slide out storage compartment is amazing. I store everything that I need for the exterior setup in that drawer. One side has my arms for the beds, tools for lowering stabilizers, wood to put under the stabilizers, arms for weight distribution bars, axe, fire poker. The other side has my extra 30A power cord and my water hoses.