I'm Back !

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by PopUpSteve, Aug 17, 2017.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Nope, that's a little too much for my delicate system. LOL

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Long day, didn't get to the CG until after dark so I'll post a photo tomorrow.

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Got to the CG at Hover Dam around 4:00pm yesterday. The temp was 109 while setting up. Only got about 5 1/2 hours sleep and didn't leave until 9am. So tonight I'm about 250 miles south of where I should be. I'll need to modify my schedule a bit but I can shave a day off my stay at Yellowstone.

bob barnes likes this.
  4. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    wow 109 hard to believe!!!

5. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    When are you going to be in Yellowstone?

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Will be in Yellowstone on Wednesday afternoon.

7. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    IMG_6961.JPG Here in Snowville UT tonight. Had to setup in 20 MPH wind gusts. Fortunately I have my PUGs pre-strong to the bunkend bungees, with the exception of the two on the very end of each. Even with the wind gusts I had the camper all setup in 25 minutes.

bob barnes likes this.
  8. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    steve we went through all this this march, went to Texas the trip went pretty good until the Texas winds started hitting our A-Liner big time. Finally had to rig a rope over the top secured tightly on one end then sort of a sliding cinch at the other end. Wife held the rope while I raised the roof panels all the while the wind blowing like crazy. after it was up I tied it down securely then started hoping the raise the end panels. Then we got to Kansas later snow, sleet and really huge winds I got it up the same way but the next morning it was blowing so hard I had to find a semi to park along side in order to get things down. I have seen pictures of A-Liners imploded by the wind its not funny!! Glad you are enjoying your trip!

bob

PopUpSteve likes this.
  9. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Well, the winds died down for me thankfully 5 minutes after setting up. Wasn't looking forward to a night of canvas rattling winds.

10. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Was off the grid for a few days in the Wyoming/Montana area. Had an issue with the electric lift system but I think I have that fixed.

Here are some campsite photos from the last few days.

IMG_6971.JPG
    Yellowstone

IMG_7024.JPG IMG_7033.JPG
    Island Lake (Beartooth Highway)

IMG_7086.JPG IMG_7109.JPG
    Beartooth Highway

IMG_7166.JPG
    Devil's Tower

Haybale, TensSandShoes and kitphantom like this.
  11. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Nice pictures Steve.
    Looks like an amazing time you are having.

12. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    I am ready to do this all over again as soon as my back heals up! Cant wait to fire up the Scamp 13 in 20d wx!

13. shelmily

shelmily Active Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Beautiful pictures Steve! looks like you are having a great time. Did you have and "Close Encounters" at Devil's Tower?

14. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I'm at Straits State Park for the next two nights. In view of the Mackinac Bridge.

Took about 40 minutes to setup but that includes my awning, campfire and chair.

My average setup time for the last 2 1/2 weeks has been about 25 minutes. No bad for someone doing that by themselves.

15. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Isn't the Beartooth Highway incredible? [:)C]

16. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    That's a beautiful state park... camped there quite a few years back with my folks... some pretty cool scenery/ views... Thank you for sharing your photos as you go - they all look amazing!

17. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Yup, and only accessible for about 2 1/2 months every year.

18. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    A relaxing day today after getting back from Whitefish Bay. Only a 150 mile round trip, nothing compared to most of my recent days.

Spoke with some nice folks around the campground and gave out some PopUpPortal key rings to the PopUp and Hybrid Camper owners.

Just going to sit back and enjoy my campfire then get ready for my final few days on the road. Tomorrow night I'll be in Canada on the shores of Lake Erie.

Here's the campsite photo and some shots of the Mackinac Bridge from Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. Passing over the bridge in the morning.

IMG_7230.JPG
    IMG_7226.JPG
    IMG_7228.JPG

neighbormike and bob barnes like this.
  19. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Jul 20, 2012
    Enjoying following your journey on the Facebook page!

20. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    At Parker Dam State Park, in the great commonwealth of Pennsylvania. My last night camping for this epic journey. About another 250 miles tomorrow to get home. I'm glad to be getting home but sad this trip is ending.

WannaTravel and bob barnes like this.