I'm Back !

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by PopUpSteve, Aug 17, 2017.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Taking some time this morning to clean out the camper before leaving for home. After continuous use for three weeks, the sheets and pillowcases are all going into the wash, even the stuff on the front bunk which didn't really get used but I'm sure picked up some road dirt along the way. Anything in the refrigerator is going in the cooler for the day. All clothing, clean or dirty, is getting packed in the truck.

And lastly the black water tank of the chem-toilet needs to be dumped and cleaned out. Been doing that about once a week during the trip, glad I had it with me, made the mornings a lot easier. I didn't have to get dressed just to run over to the nearest wash room at a given campground.

bob barnes and MrsSquid like this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Have a safe last-leg home!

3. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    steve you mean to say you don't have a washer and dryer in your rig?!!!

neighbormike likes this.
  4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    No but wait till you see how I packed for 3+ weeks on the road.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Well, I made it home. Funny, it all seems so surreal now. I'm glad I took photos for proof.

I'll post some stats tomorrow.

WannaTravel and bob barnes like this.
  6. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    steve we have tented Europe 4x the last time was for 6 weeks by the time we got home we were zombies. one year got my billfold stolen in rome that was a different time!!

7. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Glad to hear you are home safe & sound!! I can only begin to imagine all that you saw!

8. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Can't wait to see the pics! I've loved the ones you have posted so far.

9. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Well, that was fun. What a trip!

Here are some stats:
    Total Miles = 7,703 (Camper Miles = 7,015)

I rarely went over 65 and since the Natchez Trace and places like Yellowstone have speed limits of 45 and 35, I'm guessing my average speed was around 50. Fuel costs were $1,375.06. And my MPG both towing and side trip was not bad (see graphic).

I also got the truck serviced before and after the trip for a total of about $250.

My total camping costs (CG fees) was $826.96.

I took most of my food with me (Nutrisystems) and was drinking mostly bottled water I brought along so my food costs were under $150 I'd say.

I kept the souvenir purchases down to just decals for my ski box and those National Park tokens they started selling a few years back. I also had a National Parks Access Card which saved me about $100 in entrance fees. That's after figuring in the cost of the card.

So I would have to pin my total costs at about $3,700.

Not bad for a 24 day vacation.
    image001.jpg

10. bob barnes

Mar 26, 2017
    steve we just got back from a trouting trip I thought I would try something so I drove 50mph I can hear it now! Anyway my ave milage went from 17 to 25 it took me an additional 30ms to get there! I can always spare 30ms!

PopUpSteve likes this.
  11. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Wow that's one heck of a big fuel savings Bob.

bob barnes likes this.
  12. neighbormike

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Oh... FUEL!! All I saw the first time I read this was big "f" savings lol!! Had a "new" tag over the safer word!