Inside storage

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by Rideswithchrist, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Rideswithchrist

Rideswithchrist Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Buda, TX
    Do you store everything in plastic bins inside?
    I feel like all our stored items end up with spiders when they are stored under the seats!
    Not a fun way to open a board game.

2. Jamie Ker

Jamie Ker New Member

May 25, 2017
    Vancouver Island
    Put a chestnut in your plastic Bin.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I personally just throw the big things in and only use plastic bins for the small stuff. Although I don't keep boardgames in the camper just a couple decks of cards in a plastic bag. Most of my games are outside games. Could you perhaps use a trash bag to protect the games from the spiders.

4. Rideswithchrist

Rideswithchrist Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Buda, TX
    Do you mean the nuts they sell around Christmas? I have never heard of that but its worth a shot!

There were not as many spiders as I thought, but I would not want to store bedding unless it was in some large ziplocks. I love Popup Princess but I wonder how many of those popups look after a week of camping and then 3 months after being stored. (That's probably our problem though, we waited 3 months to get the popup out again.

5. Jamie Ker

Jamie Ker New Member

May 25, 2017
    Vancouver Island
    There are a lot of different nuts that are sold around Christmas, but Spiders do not like chestnuts and should keep them away.

6. D_Gibb

D_Gibb Member

Jul 20, 2016
    I have never heard of this before. It immediately reminded me of the line from The Hangover "Tigers love pepper; they hate cinnamon."

It's worth a shot, though, eh?

7. Rideswithchrist

Rideswithchrist Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Buda, TX
    True haha! Here in Texas, I have only seen chesnuts at Christmas though so I guess I'll have to order some and give it a shot!

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Moth Balls work too, when I used to build traffic signals I would put moth balls in the cabinet also used them on School Flasher cabinets. We had a state inspector that was scared to death of spiders, we actually caught a bunch once and turned them loose in the cabinet just before her arrival, he answer when she opened the cabinet and closed it very quickly was " inspect your own cabinet I ain't going in there"