Invitation To All Guests Of PopUpPortal

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by themanfromvan, Jul 22, 2005.

1. MIPeaceDudeCamper

MIPeaceDudeCamper New Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Assume invite! I've only been a member for a few months and the help and advice I have gotten has saved me actual money and lots of frustration not to mention given me a lot of confidence that I can actually take 5 little ones into the great outdoors and not only survive but grow closer as a family. I've gone from thinking buying an older pop-up was a huge mistake to thinking it is the best decision we've made in a decade.

Also, does anyone find it hilarious that this site doesn't allow 'pop ups' hahahahhaha, I love irony.

2. ncwild

ncwild New Member

Sep 29, 2012
  3. n2cruzn

n2cruzn New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    i was told about this site from a RV dealer and just joined. and i am glad because i got some great information already. and being new to the pup world just lets me enjoy camping that much more. i have a 14 x 9 tent with stuff and liked it so much we "pup-ed it" and now i cant wait for my 1st adventure with my a frame with even more stuff in it [ALPU]

4. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I found the site while lookign for information on my Apache.

Glad I joined.
    Jerry

5. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    We still bring our tent for storage!

6. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I had actually found this site while I was looking at buying a popup... about a couple months before I found one. As soon as I became another proud owner of a NTM popup.... I joined. So many great members here and LOTS of advice, hints, tips, and tricks. Love this site! Thank you Popup Portal for being so AWESOME!!!

7. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

Jul 22, 2012
    From what I have herd, the only place big enough for all 7,000 pup campers to meet at one time would have to be the large winter camping area in the desert close or in Arizona.

8. adt4tnvols@yahoo.com

adt4tnvols@yahoo.com New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    I am embarrassed to say that out of the many forums that i have visited I have seen only one other tennessean in the lot, and not sure i saw it. I guess i will need to do a bit of campaigning to remedy that. If there are any out there let our selves be known and if possible have a rally.

9. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Dec 3, 2012
    If you're looking to plan something, go to the appropriate sub-forum of "planning a rally" and post something. I did for my area, and there has been quite a positive response.

10. Travelhoveler

Travelhoveler New Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I'd like to take this thread a step further and urge all regular members--and many of you post daily--to go the extra step and make a small donation to help support the site. While site is free, hosting a site with this much traffic and making all the improvements you ask for takes money. Please go to the home page and click "Throw a log on the fire" to make a donation by credit card or Paypal. This site is invaluable; if you're a regular, please consider helping out in this small way. Thanks.

11. Sterman

Sterman Member

Apr 18, 2011
    abq, nm
    Thanks for the info, Travelhoveler. I don't think many of us knew that.
    It's a great way to support a fun site with so much activity and useful information!
    I just got my titanium medallion. [:D]

12. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Thank you Travelhoveler. [A]

13. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Aug 27, 2010
    What is Chromium? Better watch Big Bang Theory [8D]

14. Joe

Joe Find me a river to park my PUP AND FISH....

Mar 12, 2013
    New Owner of used

I am the proud owner of a 1997 Coleman Baymont which I purchase yesterday. Cost..$ 250,00. Need a few questions answered to help me out. Camper is in great shape, flooring, roof, cushions and slide outs.....need some tlc on the canvas and screen. Mighty Mouse had a winter vacation in a few spots. Any suggestions on where I can purchase some canvas that I can stitch on or cloth weld on.....Also I would like to run 12 volt direct and not through my vehicle. I noticed on the hitch area is a female receptor with two wires(white and black). I believe that is for the battery, my question is where do I purchase the male plug for the end that connects to the battery... [PU] Thank You Joe

15. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome.

You'll get better response if you ask questions in the suitable section; as well the mods may move this to the introduction section, not sure how many read this one regularly.

Tear-aid is one patch people use, depending on the size of the holes; canvas is available from Seattle Fabrics, and maybe Bear Creek Canvas and Canvas Replacements.
    http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=56.0
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tear-aid-patch-kit-Bulk-Roll-Type-/140913622482?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20cf1b3dd2

Battery related:
    http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=51.0

The search function (above) is also helpful, though finding the correct search term can sometimes be an issue, not everyone uses the same terms for similar items.

16. corona

corona Member

Mar 12, 2013
    just joined this weekend .not sure how to post

17. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey corona, click on forum and introduce yourself [8D]

18. jjdcamper

jjdcamper New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    I have a question on site navigation: How do you reply to a specific persons comment? Is there an icon to click on that takes you to the comment? Each post I have made ends as the last post in that category. I guess I need some instructions on "how to" or is there a section here explaining the correct procedure? Also, how are you notified that your question has been answered?
    Thanks
    Jim...(jjdcamper)

19. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I would click on the "quote" then add your reply. Or you could send a personal message.

20. Clive

Clive New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    I joined on second visit.

Got a bumper (sorry fender) sticker, maybe the only one in the UK?