Is Reflectix worth it?

Discussion in 'Cold Weather Camping' started by Cory Olivieri, Dec 20, 2018.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We "bought into the hoopla" becasue we found the PUGs actually work - I was able to compare, literally side-by-side, our old and new popups with and without them, set up in our driveway.
    The first PUG, for the old pup, was the high wind version, with one shock cord, and using clamps on the sides - in the winds we encounter, even hefty clips popped off. We bought super high wind ones for the new pup, and had Velcro added to attach under the roof edge. I can sew very well, so contemplated making my own. I added up what all the webbing(for casings for the SHW version), shock cord, clips, and fabric would cost, I was very happy to order them from PUGs, and have them the correct size, etc.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

the hoopla kept the vinyl covering of both bunkends and slideout cool. without the Gizmo, the vinyl covering tend to get HOT and the bunkends & slideout (dining area) get too warm for me. It actually work and I will continue to buy Gizmo as needed.

Cory Olivieri likes this.
  3. Goldievirtuoso

Goldievirtuoso New Member

In my experience the Reflectix is absolutely worth it in both winter and summer. Our pup has Reflectix in each of the bunkend windows. I don't own actual gizmos but made my own version of them from Reflectix and absolutely swear by them.
    We camped a few weeks ago where the lows were in the 30's at night. We used an electric space heater and stayed quite comfortable. A couple of things I noticed: 1. The area in the middle of the camper where no Reflectix was being used was noticeably cooler than the bunkends. I think this was due to the high winds which were able to blow some cold air through the canvass. 2. The metal support bar that holds up the bunks was also noticeably cooler to the touch in areas that were not covered by the Reflectix on the outside.
    In the summer, here in Texas you have to have them. It really really makes a huge difference.

4. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

This is the easiest way to go . tarp over and close to the ground on the ends

5. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

This would not be allowed in many campgrounds. Some allow but most of where I camp, would not allow this. Gizmo works great for me and kept me warm or cool depending on weather.