Is the Fleetwood Niagara really as good as people make them out to be

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by superl8apex, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We are on our 4th pup. While it's the 2nd oldest we've had, it's by far the most solid.

We spend 50-60 nights a year camping in it, and put lots of wear and tear on it. Sometimes, I feel like we are almost on a mission to break it. We do something stupid nearly every trip.

Our daughter has a Jayco that is almost a decade newer. They have only got to camp in it twice. Always something breaking, always in a state of repair.

That daughter and her family usually squeeze into our 20 year old Coleman to camp with us. Just got back from all of us spending a week at the beach in it.

The projects we do on our Coleman are mostly remodeling type things. It's never been out of commission or unusable.

superl8apex likes this.
  2. superl8apex

superl8apex New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    After spending the whole weekend looking at the final three.

We ended up getting the Niagara from the original owner. Garaged its whole life, impeccably maintained. Guy was super helpful went over everything on the camper. Spent a good 3 hrs putting up with me. Everything just felt right about it.

In contrast HW27sc even being 9 years newer stuff like screws pulled out and stripped on the bathroom walls, slides felt rough not smooth. Probably lack of maintenance/care.

Either way my wife and daughters are absolutely enamored by it. Safely nestled in our garage.

Thank you all for the input it was most helpful.

IMG_20180414_090407.jpg IMG_20180415_172550.jpg

Orchid, BelchFire, Jorja and 5 others like this.
  3. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Looks good!

4. Jorja

Jorja Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Delaware
    Congrats,

Welcome to the Niagara club!

Mr. Jorja grumbles and calls her a beast, but she's Beautiful Betty the Beast to me! I hv witnessed him using the bathroom instead of going to the campground bathroom at night. So I'm slowly winning him over to her charms.

Happy camping!

superl8apex likes this.
  5. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Looks great! In my opinion, condition ALWAYS trumps age when it comes to pups. It sounds like you found a real gem.

superl8apex likes this.