I've gone and done it. I miss the pup.

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by spinningmom, Aug 12, 2017.

1. spinningmom

spinningmom New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Well, I haven't been on the board almost 2 years. Last year there was a series of family crisis and no camping at all. This winter I bought a little canned ham trailer and spent some time replacing wood, painting, curtains, foam sealing, etc. Seems the kids have grown up and don't want to camp with us any more. The pup either needs new mattresses and new canvas, or it needs to go on to the next family with a pack of little ones who only camp in the summer and don't have particular backs.

Today we were out at storage, checking on the pup to make sure it ready to show to buyers. I got a big nostalgic wave when I set up and smelled that canvas! I wish I could afford to store 2 campers!

Its a 1990 Coleman Newport, still with original curtains and uphostry. I really meant to paint and make curtains and so forth, but I just had too much fun camping!!! I guess the next folks will glamp it up. Oh well, glad I still get to be a part of this group. Uploaded a picture of the camper dinette. Lots of good board games played there!
    Laura

Attached Files:

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I could have kept my Apache, but knew when I brought the TT home I would never use it again. Less than 24 hours after advertising it, it was gone. It was a good experience, but I don't miss it a bit.

spinningmom likes this.
  3. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I'm sure someone will love your pup as much as you did! Now you can go make new memories with your new trailer!!

spinningmom likes this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    It is always kind of sad to get rid of an old friend but the next one will even be better and hopefully the buyer will take good care of it..

spinningmom and nhlakes like this.