January 2019 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jan 2, 2019.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

New month, new year (& I even typed 2019 right the first time!).
    Battery charge reminder for those needing it.

We've been iced and/or snowed in off and on since last Thursday. Not as deep as I was used to coping with in WNY, but plenty for ABQ. )I'd much rather deal with snow than ice; the roads here tend to thaw and then refreeze if they don't dry out.) Courtenay shoveled down the side of the TT, mostly to get the trash cans out. The cover has ice semi-embedded in it, so I'm glad we took advantage of the warm weather early last week to get inside.
    My biggest task for the TT right now has been to do online shopping for new curtains - either to use as they are, or for backing for pretty ones. The windows are odd-sized and there are 3 different sizes, 5 windows total. It was much easier making new curtains for the pup.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

If I can get out camping, I may make a set of Reflectix inserts for the main windows of the camper.

3. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I found a glass bottle opener for the camper...

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I have been really good to it so far:
    I kept the mud off and the tires clean and will have to do so until it quits raining, I even got stuck in my yard yesterday and had to use the tractor to get unstuck,

Halford likes this.
  5. Halford

fun fun fun

6. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Yikes, I forgot this is a new month/year already. So, just pretend the Winegard UHF booster post
    is in this thread and not the December version of the same :)

7. JWeible

JWeible Member

We bought a new one!! After two years of borrowing my uncle’s pup we decided it’s time to get our own. We’ve owned pups before but we always bought them used in poor conditions and after lots of work we had issues with cables breaking. Yesterday we put a down payment on a 2018 Palomino 12STSB!! There was a tear in the tent of the slide out dinette from when the dealership set it up so they have ordered a new tent. Once that is in we will bring her home. We are beyond excited!!

8. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

I visited it in storage. Wouldn't want it to think I'd forgotten it...

#iluvoutdoors likes this.
  9. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

C9BC0801-414C-4152-945E-853F03868BDE.jpeg Removed graphics with heat gun. Starting glue cleanup with acetone.

emoney likes this.
  10. kitphantom

Got inside the TT, to retrieve a few things. Hoping that's the last of the things we should have moved inside for the winter.
    Measured the windows and ordered curtains from Amazon. I may have to shorten one or two, we'll see how they work on the rods we have. Room darkening/insulated, lighter color than the current ones, so they don't absorb so much light when we're inside in the evening. I probably will gripe at the construction quality, but at least I don't have to sew them myself. (I'd rather quilt.)

momofEAP likes this.
  11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Sad Day:(:(:(:(:(:(:(. Had to cover the camper for the winter. Cover does have zippers so I still can work inside.
    IMG_0410.JPG

12. Halford

Trying to ignore my popup's calling me to pick her up. I keep telling her that I am working...

13. kitphantom

Ordered an RV TV mount! Definitely feels like we're on the dark side with that. The TV won't go on many trips, but it will be nice to have it to play DVDs on some trips when we have power. I have a couple of week+ solo trips with power scheduled for this year, so will try it out then. (I read - a lot - on trips, but having something mindless will be a good option, at least when I've had enough ambition to put the TV up.)
    Also ordered a couple of things to help refine our organization: blackboard metal sheet, whcih will go on the fridge door with Command Velcro, and a holder for our reminder cards - I'm tired of having to dig them out of the drawer as we need them. (At least we improved the drawer storage so they didn't keep escaping into the void behind the drawers!)

14. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Bought one one week ago today!

15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Does removing 2ft plus of snow from the TT's roof count for something?

arge, Katskamper and kitphantom like this.
  16. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Got a 1k service award from work for putting up with them for 25 years...lol Ordered a 2200 watt dual fuel inverter generator, supposed to be here on Friday. Went out & pushed the button on my voltmeter installed in the lid of my battery bank, to see how the batteries were doing. Other than that, just waiting impatiently for winter to be over, so we can start camping again. [Guitar]

17. JWeible

JWeible Member

Menards is having their 15% off everything you can put in one brown paper bag sale so we went and bought a bunch of little odds and ends to finish putting together our tool box for our new pup. We were also able to fit a bottle jack and wheel chocks in there. All in all we saved about $20.

18. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

camped jan 4-5. had the whole state park to ourselves ❤️

finished decals on cabinet door.

19. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

So, technically this isn’t for my RV, however I got bored yesterday and built this and it could, technically, be used in the dark sider so I’m sharing it. Backstory; my favorite place to sit at the house is in the center of the sectional because that’s the best TV viewing angle. The drawback? No access to the end tables so nowhere to sit a drink or a plate/bowl/etc. So, like most red-blooded DIY’ers I went to the shop and built this;
    Table1.jpg
    Table2.jpg
    Table3.jpg
    I kept it low, so there was less concern of the inevitable spill.
    Especially when I'm involved, lol. Went with the wife's color du'jour of the
    washed out gray thanks to Minwax and covered that with Polycrylic for wearability.
    Just your basic, cheap pine from Lowe's, used the router to soften all the edges since
    I have grandkids that come over a lot. All in all, took a couple hours with waiting for
    glue, stain and clear to dry but a pretty simple, easy to do project to solve a need.

kitphantom and Muller 5 like this.
  20. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Put a hitch on the TV!