Jayco 14SO vs Fleetwood Bayside?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by MaeKay, Jan 8, 2018.

1. MaeKay

MaeKay Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    Thanks for the offer! Luckily we have a Somerset dealer within an hour so we can go sit in a Utah at least. Obviously the appliances etc will be different but the know about the space and feel the weight will be helpful.

2. MaeKay

MaeKay Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    And yes, in some places we have a foot of snow. And it’s been sleeting and raining. We haven’t wanted people to have to open a camper in the rain/snow because they would have to leave it up for a long time before the rain is projected to stop. In a way, I took that as a good sign with the Bayside we went to look at. She said, you don’t want to pack away a wet camper. Which told me she at least cares for it a little. She's being kind and sort of saving it for us until our schedules align. I would NEVER ask a seller to do that, she just hasn't reposted it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    jmkay1 likes this.
  3. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    If you want new popup, try the Somerset which is identical to Coleman.

If you can wait for Utah with sholiet or Niagara like I have. I never use shower though.

4. Alan

Alan Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Reno, NV
    Four tires also means $1,000 come time to replace them.

MaeKay likes this.
  5. MaeKay

MaeKay Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Utah
    We finally went into the city this afternoon and sat in a new Somerset Utah. Loved it! We let our kids wiggle around inside and we still felt like we had a ton of space, even with the gaucho pulled into bed mode.

Now to find a used one in our price range...

jnc likes this.
  6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Good luck!

MaeKay likes this.