Jim Hogg COE

Discussion in 'Texas' started by sblanck, Jul 31, 2017.

1. sblanck

sblanck Member

Nov 25, 2011
    We went for a quick camp out at Jim Hogg COE last weekend.
    Fees were $22.00 a night so really a deal.
    The park has a fire ring, waist high grill, large wooden canopy over concrete pad with picnic table. Asphalt pad for camper and vehicles. 20 and 30 amp outlets. Water but no sewer. Single dump station near entrance. Plenty of dumpsters for trash.
    We brought our boat and another vehicle and didnt have to pay extra.
    Pleanty of room at our site for two trailers and two vehicles.
    Lots of shade over the camper to keep the heat off.
    Our site was clean as well, just a couple of bottle caps and the odd zip tie.
    Lots of deer wandering nearby in the morning and evening.
    Lake Georgetown is only 30 minutes from home so this is a really nice place for a quick trip.
    I like the reservation system the COE offers. No where near the hassle of some state parks.

I would also add that i reserved online using their system. I chose my spot using google earth looking for lots of shade. We arrived with two vehicles and two trailers and we were not charged for any additional vehicles. We didnt have to park and go inside with trailer plates and other information that TPWD requires. So without all of that extra hassle I have to say I enjoyed this trip much more so than TPWD trips.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. rvanderwerf

rvanderwerf Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Thanks for the review, I've been to Cedar Breaks twice now, which is on the other side of the lake/river. I will try out Jim Hogg next time. Cedar Breaks is great too!