June 2018 - So what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Went camping and used sinks, shower, toilet, furnace (briefly) and fridge, trying to learn all systems and make sure all works properly... and learned the dump station....

Natureangel likes this.
  2. momofEAP

momofEAP Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Newton, KS
    DH has the layout of the electric and knows about the cut-off switch. We took out the galley so we were trying to figure out if that switch is good or not. (Didn't really come to any conclusions though...is it the switch that is bad or is it something else...the world may never know!) We will more than likely get a new switch and cross our fingers that it fixes the problems. With our track record though it most likely won't fix it!

3. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Took our pup out for the weekend, it ended up raining on us most of it. Spent most of the time inside the pup. On the bright side, I found out our battery bank is sufficient to carry us the entire weekend, without generator support, & with virtually no support from our solar panels, as it was both heavily forested, as well as very cloudy. Also, the anti-fatigue mats we installed under the mattress did seem to help

4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Fixed the Bad Ground on the trailer PigTail. All lights are working.

Katskamper likes this.
  5. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Installed the replacement vent gasket.

6. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Went camping last week and figured out where to put my latest dollar store find.
    1A0CD7D9-1B06-42FD-B157-7705CCD42CCC.jpeg
    Perfect fit on the step I made for the back bunk.

Garrity, neighbormike and jnc like this.
  7. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Norwalk CT
    Picked up an 8" LED strip light and mounted it under the swing over galley. Plugged it into the 12V socket just to test and it works great. Ended up with blue LED's which gives it a soft glow. I'll rewire it through a rocker switch to clean up the install a bit. Put it in for those late night restroom calls so the DW can have some light to see without waking me up. Between weddings (2 we are attending in June) and work schedules haven't gotten out yet but hoping for the first weekend in July.

8. Kampus

Kampus Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Slate Belt, Pa
    De-winterized
    Added 12v outlet, usb chargers and voltage gauge
    Finally nailed down the source of the roof leak and fixed (thanks everyone)
    Installed new wheels/tires
    Painted trailer frame
    Installed vent cover
    Washed and waxed (pretty sure this was the first time it was ever done since it was purchased new)
    Tested all exterior lights and replaced failed bulbs
    Repaired exhaust leak on TV

...pretty much everything that needed to be done last summer when we bought it.

9. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Cleaned and Lubed the whiffle tree and pulleys under the pup last evening. Also de-winterized last evening as well.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Replaced the courtesy light at the steps (incan yellow marker light) with an LED based unit.
    Replaced the rangehood light bulb with a custom LED array with high (white) and low (yellow nightlight).
    Washed/scrubbed
    Flushed tanks. Sterilized fresh water system (had suspect water from a campground in the system).
    Installed a new Equal-i-zer WDH to replace the Reese SC unit I had.

11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Just rerouted my rear observation monitor and gps wires on my TV to the fuse box. My lighter sockets were always live and now the wires are hidden and they go on and off with the parking/headlights lights. IMG_0152.JPG
    And got some Class A Rv floor mats that fit my camper perfectly. I thought the bathroom would be a problem but the drivers side fit there perfect. the pass side when by the door and the aisle piece fits in front of the galley ... IMG_0153.JPG

WHATS NEXT ...... this weekend hand held spray for toilet, new single handle faucet with spray for kitchen sink and two metal sink baskets/strainers. And a small indictor light for the water pump in a easy to see spot.

12. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Just got my bearings checked, and a good thing I did. The tire guy said water had gotten into one and the oil was watered down.
    Only charged $50 for both!

13. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Thats a great deal.

silvermickey2002 likes this.
  14. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I set it up in the yard and had breakfast in it.

DJS12354 and silvermickey2002 like this.
  15. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I did too but it was only Coffee and special K

DJS12354 likes this.
  16. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Hmm, mine is setup to get ready for this weekends trip...I think I'll have breakfast in it tomorrow morning as well....great idea!!!

DJS12354 likes this.
  17. Joe H

Joe H New Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Southern IN
    Bought a battery tender for it and got it hooked up. Finally ran a tee for the propane line to split off and run my Blackstone Griddle off the main propane....best bday present I’ve told my wife to buy!! Fixing counter tops is next months project.

18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Today, I finally realized that Courtenay had installed the new steps on the TT! I thought they looked wet this morning as I got into the vehicle, and I was trying to figure out where the rug had gone - just not installed on the new steps yet. I think he said he did it over Memorial Day weekend, while he was outside doing yard work, etc. I'm still too unsteady on my feet to go out and see how I like the new spacing, but it should make it easier with the higher axle and in many campsites.

neighbormike likes this.
  19. Drvred

Drvred Member

May 3, 2017
    Swapped my axle back onto the top of the leaf springs. Added baffle and fan to the fridge. Ordered the plate to relocate battery on top of the winch, with a sidewind jack. And prewired the new voltmeter/usb/12v socket, to be installed Saturday.

20. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Plans for today - empty the hot water tank, since we don't usually let it set as long as it has, due to cancelling trips. Add water to the sink trap and toilet, I'm sure it's almost evaporated if not gone. Then, either hook up water from the house, or add water to the fresh water tank.
    I'm still pretty much housebound (due to my hideous sinus/ear/mastoid infections; 1 week down, 5 to go on IV antibiotics). My great friend and sewing buddy can't come into my house due to severe allergies to my cats. So, we're going to use the TT so she can come to visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.