Just bought a pop up and need help with plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Nick927, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Nick927

Nick927 New Member

I recently purchased 2003 Coleman Laramie pop up. The trailer needs a lot of work and i am doing the plumbing next. the plumbing is a mess. there are no connections to the sink and broken pipes under the trailer. I cant figure out the puzzle pieces to to complete the system. I am going to be replacing the plumbing with PEX. I am confused on the correct way to route the piping. I found the water pump next to the outdoor shower and wheel well & found a extra hole next to the hot and cold. I tried doing some re search and most pumps were directly after the water tank. If anyone has knowledge to help me i would appreciate a explanation. Not sure if the previous owner capped it to only use city water?

below are some pics and a diagram i made.

IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0716.JPG IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0718.JPG f.jpg f.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Cold water> tank >pump> tee connection city water > cold side sink, shower, water heater.
    Hot water> water heater> sink > shower.
    Low point drains under water heater are to drain the lowest point of water for winterizing.

Install your pump in the line coming from the tank (before the city water tee)
    Connect the shower, sink and water heater after the city water tee.

I would suggest stainless steel hose with shut off to the sink. Modify the low point drains to come out the side of the camper to get to easier. Invest in the water heater bypass kit.
    Also mount your pump on a mouse pad/carpet, use softer hoses than pex with big loops in them to quiet the pump.

3. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Same. I’d put the pump where the line is capped off before the water heater in your diagram as close to the tank as I could.

4. Nick927

Nick927 New Member

Thanks for the input! It’s all starting to make sense. Still a little confused on why the pump was up by the shower. That’s at least where I found the wires to the pump. What kind of piping do you recommend besides PEX?

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Pex works

6. MintHillBill

MintHillBill Member

here is how my coleman santa fe was plumbed, very similar to yours
    city T's with cold near pump. Pump acts as one way valve so city cannot fill tank except thru outside fill.
    nicksplumb.jpg

7. Nick927

Nick927 New Member

Awesome thank you!

8. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Definitely PEX. Looks like you already have pex with stainless steel crimp rings.
    While you’re at it, pipe the tank drain to the side of your camper and valve for easier draining.