Just got a Flagstaff 625 with a power lift. How do you set the top limit switch?

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Archer, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Archer

Archer New Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Just got a Flagstaff 625 with a power lift. How do you set the top limit switch? Getting cold and snowing, yet the wife and I hope to camp once more this year to try out the new toy.

2. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I have a steel cable permanently attached to the main body on one end and the roof on the other end. This has been factory installed to keep the roof from raising too high using the power lift on my setup... This cable is on the same side of my where roof raise switch is installed so I can watch it going up and when the cable gets tight I will stop raising the roof.

I have never looked into making limit switch settings but assume they are inside my roof raise gears and motor assy mounted on the trailer tongue.

[​IMG]

I also have two LIFTER ARM SAFETY POSTS that I insert on opposite ends of the roof after raising the roof and then I back down just a tad to remove any tension on the raise cables. These two posts came with my popup trailer... Gives us good feelings that the roof is not going to fall down on us while we are sleeping in the tent bed ends...

[​IMG]
    Copied from manual...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

3. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Member

Sep 5, 2018
    I have this winch:
    https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/documents/P55000-Folding-Camper-Winch-Owners-Manu

It has two adjustable limit switches. An upper limit and a lower limit. I have adjusted them before, but I find it easier to watch the small height cable for the upper limit instead. I don't trust the upper limit switch. I just go up until the small cable is taut. When lowering the top, I go down all the way and then just a little more so that the lift cable is lose.

The reason I don't trust the upper limit switch is because at one time when I raised the top, I could hear popping sounds coming from the winch. It was the lift cable riding up on top of itself and then snapping off to one side. It wasn't a problem, but was annoying. So I re spooled the cable so that it spooled on the winch drum shaft instead of on its self. The problem was that when I did that, it changed the length of the cable pull. The next time I tried to raise the top, it would not go up all the way. It stopped about 3 inches from the top. I had to remove my battery box, and the top of the winch cover to get at the switches to make the adjustment on the upper limit. Fortunately, I discovered this while at home. So all of my tools were readily available. It would have been a real problem if I would have had to make the adjustment out in the boonies.