KL On the River - New Braunfels

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SWalker, Aug 14, 2017.

1. SWalker

SWalker New Member

May 11, 2017
    Hi,
    This is a small private campground on the Comal river. It is right next to the road that leads to it, and the sites are very much right on the river. We had two sites with friends and shared one with a tent. The place was clean, and being that we were on the river, we had a great spot to relax with friends and family. The bad, the showers are $1 for 6 minutes, but that turns out to be plenty of time. However there can be lines because there are only a few showers. And toilets, although there were extra porta potties (plus we have our own for a quick wee). Really I can't say anything bad about them, we had a nice stay.

If we stay here again, we are going to try to get a premium site, they are deeper and have more trees it seems. Most of the trees were near the water so our camper was in direct sun. Bring a sunshade or awning. We were here in August and it got a little rough for my wife, but I stayed in the water as much as possible and in the shade as well. Very relaxing place.

2. Rideswithchrist

Rideswithchrist Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Buda, TX
    We stayed here this summer. It is actually on the Guadalupe, not the Comal :)
    I loved that it was right on the river, but I agree, paying for Showers is crazy and the first time we camped with them- we had a site with no water OR power...and it was still expensive, but that is what you get for river access in that area. We did enjoy it but I prefer the local State Parks.