KZ Connect Lite? Any opinions?

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Dingit, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM.

1. Dingit

Dingit Member

Mar 8, 2017
    We're looking to get something bigger because I want a bathroom as the 2 kids are getting to be THAT age. I want the smallest thing that will sleep 4 and has decent fresh and gray water tanks. Cassette toilet would be ideal but I'm willing to deal with a black tank. Big fridge and a real oven are big pluses which brings me to KZ Connect Lite. They are only 7.5' wide and have larger tanks and appliances than on other narrow models I've seen. The net carry capacity seems okay too.

This model looks like has what I want, but I don't know much about HTTs or TTs in general.

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/connect-travel-trailers/lite-C191RBT.html

Anyone have an opinion on this manufacturer or this line or just some insights into this general floorplan? We don't have a dealer handy so I'd love any feedback on this or similar things out there I should be looking for.

The TV is a pickup truck and while I don't think it has the ideal gear ratio for towing (I forget what I ended up getting...), it should be okay with this. I want a smaller trailer for maneuverability and parking--not because of TV limitations.

Thanks!

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    It looks like a nice trailer. You are right, it does have decent sized holding tanks.

Cassette toilet? There's no way I would rather have a cassette toilet over a black tank. There isn't really much to deal with. You already have to connect a hose to dump the gray water. Pulling one more dump valve is about all you are dealing with.

3. jeicher

jeicher Member

Sep 17, 2011
    I have had campers with both and have no issue with the cassette toilet. Actually I found it less messy to empty than dealing with a big hose and sometimes waiting in line at the dump station - A cassette can be emptied in a normal bathhouse toilet. Of course we are on of those who reserves the RV toilet for #1 - #2 is performed at the cg bathroom.

4. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Jayco also has a narrower line of hybrids. I have seen those and they look nice. I have never seen a KZ so I cannot give you a comparison.

5. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    The OP will still have to deal with a big hose and dump station to dump his gray water.

We use the RV toilet for #2. We often camp where there are no bathhouses. Even if there are bathhouses, we use the RV toilet for #2. I don't see any reason not to do so. I have to dump it one way or another. I enjoy a full service bathroom in my trailer. It is one of the reasons I moved from my popup to a TT.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 9:57 PM
    kitphantom likes this.
  6. Dingit

Dingit Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Hehe. I like that typo.

Thanks for the insight, y'all. My preference (and it's not a big deal either way) for a cassette is just for dumping at home. I have a grey tank currently and it's not a big deal to empty. I have a portapotty and it's not a big deal. I'm just unfamiliar with the black...

7. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    It took me a minute or 2 to find it...lol

8. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    There's not a lot to learn about a black tank. Just start out with a few gallons of water in it to give the solids someplace to float and don't leave the valve open if you are hooked up to sewer. If you do, you will end up with a pyramid of poo that will dry as hard as concrete.

9. bikendan

bikendan Member

Feb 26, 2012
    you do realize that it is 23'7" long, right?
    not exactly small.
    there are a number of smaller hybrids that will sleep 4.
    the holding tank numbers aren't much different than our old Roo 23SS, which was only a foot longer than the KZ.

looks like this is the only hybrid in the entire Connect Lite line. doesn't seem like KZ is very confident in making hybrids. makes me wonder.

10. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    The setup looks very similar to our Palomino that we sold this summer.

One thing to look for (from experience!!!!!) is the height of the bed ends and ease of putting them down and back up again..... the Palomino sat very high and I needed a ladder/step stool the majority of the time to (semi) safely get everything done.....

11. Ductape

Ductape Active Member

Jun 12, 2013
    A good friend of mine turns wrenches for a good sized RV dealer that sells a bunch of different brands. Aside from Grand Design, I'd say the KZs are what he recommends the most.

12. Dingit

Dingit Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Thanks all. I have a lot of research to do. :) This is certainly bigger than I'd like but I'm not finding much out there with the features that would make it worth changing from my current setup.

My parking stall is 8 feet wide in spots, so width is a more important factor than length. I'd probably be pushing it with 7.5...hmmmm.

13. Thedude66

Thedude66 New Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Southern California
    We just picked up our KZ on Saturday, and even though we haven't taken it out yet we love it. We picked the Escape bunkhouse model, so we went dark! The build quality seems pretty solid, and it's just as heavy as our PUP. So far, I would recommend it.

Ductape likes this.