L.p. hose for outside

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Robandash, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Robandash

Robandash New Member

Mar 11, 2016
    The camper is a 2004 Fleetwood bayside elite.the propane hook up that is outside on the very bottom of the camper in front of the wheel.directly above that is the stove that slides into the track.i need a new hose that connects the 2 due to a leak at the connector.not thinking I must have thrown away the old one instead of keeping it to order a new one and compare.anyone happen to know the hose I need? Colemanpopupparts.com has a bunch but different size and type connectors.thanks for the help

Rob

2. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    That hose is for q quick connect setup (low pressure). 2004 Fleetwood probably had a high pressure setup (my 2004 Carmel did)
    OP- Is the port on the trailer threaded (threaded = high pressure)?

3. lquinn1

lquinn1 Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Champaign, IL
  4. Robandash

Robandash New Member

Mar 11, 2016
    It is threaded so I'm gonna need the high pressure one looks like.forgot to subscribe to the thread so I didn't get the notification I had replies.thanks for the replies, tomorrow I'm gonna pull out the stove from from the pup and double check the hookup on it and then one on the pup to make sure the right size gets order.

5. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
  6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    thats what you need .....^^^^^^^^

7. TeamECKO

TeamECKO Member

Aug 6, 2016
    WA State
    The hose mentioned above has a high pressure attachment on one side, and the opposite side can be screwed into a grill or other appliance that takes the 1 lb disposable bottles. Is it a problem hooking up a high pressure propane line to a low pressure appliance, or is it OK since that appliance has its own regulator?

8. p

p Active Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Two regulators will not work.

That is, one is on your 20lb tank and another on the appliance.

I have been looking into this. The Coleman portable bbq have regulators you can take off. You need a few little attachments and then the coleman wil att. to your outside lp hookup.

Utube videos on this.

9. myride

myride Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    If the outside port is HP it will have a screw type if it is a quick connect it'
    LP....we need to know that first.

10. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    We do know, OP camper is a 2004 Bayside Grand Tour Elite, it came standard with exterior HP port. or F/C version of a HP port @ 16PSI.

It will work fine for the OP, I do all the time with my Niagara. I use a Marshall Tee and Coleman extension hoses to drive my Weber Q and Coleman stove.

11. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    FOR HIGH PRESSURE COLEMAN/FLEETWOODS (THREADED OUTLET ON FRAME):

As long as the appliance has its own regulator, you are good. Bottle pressure is somewhere in the neighborhood of 200psi. As long as your high pressure regulator on the trailer (the RED one) is in place and functioning, you would be getting 16 psi at the port, then your stove/bbq would have a regulator to bring it down to its operating pressure.