Lac le Jeune Provincial park

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by moose_mom, Jun 30, 2015.

1. moose_mom

moose_mom Member

Jun 19, 2013
    We just came back from 3 nights at Lac le Jeune Provincial park(between Merritt and Kamloops). It is a great park to take a young family-I wish we had discovered it years ago. The campsites are groomed and graveled with a picnic table and fire pit and all the roads between are paved. Some are a little on the short side but for the most part have excellent width and very good privacy provided by trees and brush. Pine beetle has taken its toll on the pine trees between campsites but there is lots of new growth and poplars sprouting up everywhere. Pit toilets are liberally scattered throughout and most of them flush!
    The lake has a roped off swimming area and a lovely grassy day use area with picnic tables and trees for shade. We were there during the week and while many of the campsites were occupied, the main parking lot wasn't busy at all-perfect for turning kids loose with bikes.
    The lake itself has more rainbow trout jumping constantly than you can shake a stick at, especially in the evening. I believe the cost of a campsite is around $22. A camp ranger constantly makes the rounds and will bring you firewood or ice.
    I am sure we will return!

2. crazybushcreature

crazybushcreature New Member

Feb 7, 2016
    We stayed at this campground this past summer for 3 days. Loved it. Great place. Love all the outhouses that are flush toilets. Kinda nice. Did the hike around the lake wich was beautiful scenery. Campground attendies were pretty nice as well.

3. lmike33qsr

lmike33qsr New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    My family have been going there almost every year for the last 15 or so years. It was even better before the pine beetles. The last few years my parents have been staying at the resort there. Fishing has always been great there. We spend most our time in the little lagoon trolling. The guy at the resort keeps telling us how a hall of fame raiders quarterback comes there every year lol, but for the life of me I can't remember his name. It's always quiet too