Lake Loramie Campground

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by smhartman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. smhartman

smhartman Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Lake Loramie is my favorite campground along with many others so I am pleading with people to cancel unused reservations. During our stay over Labor Day weekend there were a handful of sites unoccupied but the campground sign said it was full. I went up on Tuesday (Cincinnati to Ft. Loramie) before Labor Day to get a walkin site because reservations said the campground was full. There were 5 unused sites for the holiday just in our area.

I paid for Tuesday - Monday and wasn't able to get to Lake Loramie until Friday with the camper. I have to do this often and get upset when I see reserved sites but no camper the entire weekend.

If you aren't able to make the weekend, you can move the date without charge. Let your fellow camper have the site even if the park system is double dipping!

Thanks.

2. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

Jul 22, 2012
    [HY] [TV] I normally do not camp on FRI or saturday as places are normALLY FULL UP.
    Most of my camping is SUN to THURS. as I get 50% discount on those nights. Im gonna start using full hook up sites as Im too old to carry water around.

3. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

Oct 28, 2015
    Midwest

We enjoy Lake Loramie. Last week, we had a nice lunch across the way at Morrie's Landing. There were crews nearby working on construction of a cofferdam which is adjacent to the existing spillway. Lake Loramie has a wonderful Fall Harvest Festival. Here's a photo I took while there last fall.

loramie.jpg