Last Before Winter

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by scubacamper, Nov 13, 2018.

1. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Okay this was the last trip and it was a Veteran's Day Trip Friday - Monday at Manatee Springs SP here in FL.

Had a lot of fun even though we didn't get it the water each day.

Here's a few things we did see that was unusual...
    1. More tents than normal
    2. Cooler temps...loved it
    3. NO BUGS of any kind...loved it.
    4. I didn't get charged for lunch or dinner at local restaurants...I'm a Vet.

Now plan for next year...oh and my power winch worked as planned...can't believe it.

neighbormike, Orchid and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    No bug is always a plus!
    If you like cooler temps, head up this way.

3. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Or you can come to Oklahoma. Lows in the 20's when we are camping this weekend.

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    In the teens here this past weekend. ...Just something about trying to sit around a campfire with snow on doesn't go with me

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

@scubacamper - you're not coming to our rally next month? Fort Clinch. There is still a site available up at the beach loop.

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sounds like y'all had a great time. Manatee Springs is one of my favorite CG'S. Cooler weather is very much appreciated because of the lack of bugs, I did get tick bites years ago and ended up with Lymes Disease, but still went back every chance I got until I moved here in the PanHandle. Why make it the last trip? Our weather is very comfortable camping weather. Good Luck and Keep on Camping

7. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Just too much going on for the holidays and my oldest DD's birthday is 10 Dec...St. Aug Alligator Farm for the day...Ziplining across the park is on the agenda.

Orchid if I could find that spot available we might just do it but a lot going on right now.