Leave No Trace Program

Discussion in 'Camping Green' started by Idahawk, Jul 30, 2012.

1. infernisdiem

infernisdiem Member

Mar 24, 2017
    At any scouting camp out, we did patrols of the area for litter, picked it up, it being ours or not, and properly dispose of it. I am waiting for the time my boys start scouts, cause I will gladly be that dad to volunteer for each camping trip, and share my knowledge with the next generation.

Orchid likes this.
  2. bflentje

bflentje Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Picking up the trash is commendable. Staying on the trails if there are trails is recommended. No campfires and fluffing up the grass? A giant leap over the deep end.

3. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT

4. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    AdirondackPup!

I was up at PSC, 1999-2001!!
    Forestry/Outdoor Rec
    Great to see another that was / is or from within the blue line!!

5. Trina Martinez

Trina Martinez New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Arizona
    So agree. I've been dispersed camping since I can't remember. Was taught leave it cleaning then you found it as well. So disappointed when we just did our last trip to Whitehorse Lake just outside of Williams,AZ. My husband and I went for a hike someone had left a toilet, yes a porcelain toilet, behind. Unbelievable. Went to the lake trash left there. Went to Sycamore Falls trash left there. So dissapoiting. Cleaned up eveything but the toliet. Unfortunately no way for us to take out.

6. Adirondack PUP

Adirondack PUP Member

May 8, 2015
    Upstate New York
    Hey Miller! PSC is a great school surrounded by some amazing landscape. Nice to connect with you!