Let's talk about moving firewood.

Discussion in 'Campfires and Firewood' started by EvilM0nkey, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Overland

Overland Active Member

I only carry wood when i'm camping in my home state, few hours drive to my site. Rangers were fine with it for last few decades.. it's purchased or home harvested firewood i'd burn in my own home.

Actually, my hideaway allows chain saws with permit to help clean up after logging and dead fall.. over the years the Ranger will tell me where I can find wood if I didn't carry my own.

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I usually carry my own oak split and dried, in Fl. Some states will not allow you to bring your own due to the items listed in msg # 20.by Byrd_Huntr

3. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Member

I try to find the local firewood guy wherever I’m camping. I can usually pick up a grain feed bag of good seasoned wood for about $10 within a mile of the campground and the guy is making a mint.

Byrd_Huntr likes this.
  4. Brad Jackson

Brad Jackson Member

I see people all the time drive to different camp sites taking their extra wood....I guess it's a good idea. You would figure if you bring or bought firewood you would take it back home with you

Eric Webber likes this.
  5. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Member

Even if I am camping close enough by that I would transport firewood from home, I trust my wood is clean and kiln dried. I do not trust everyone else, and so I have no idea what may be on my wood at the campground. I’m not risking bringing something exotic home. That’s why we don’t have ash trees in my town anymore

Brad Jackson likes this.
  6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Except in many areas its illegal to transport firewood across county lines without a permit.

Byrd_Huntr likes this.