Leveling with two axles

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by WeRJuliIan, Apr 9, 2017.

1. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

May 15, 2014
    Sarasota, FL
    Up until recently, we had a single axle and used a BAL leveler with fair success ...

But now we've gone up in the world :) and got a twin axle, and i'm wondering about leveiing two wheels at the same time.
    I don't really want to buy - and crank - another BAL, so I'm thinking in terms of a long wooden block/ramp that I can drive onto, or perhaps two shorter ones.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience, to avoid having to buy two sets of Lego-block levelers?

TIA
    Ian, the (slightly off-kilter) man from Scotland

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontaio
    I use Lynx Levelers (7 bags) and use them to level side to side, under the stabs and for many other things around the campsite.. Others use the Anderson Levelers (x2) and there are some folks out there who use 2x10 pieces of wood cut to different lengths..

3. ByramTra

ByramTra Member

Sep 30, 2016
    On Tandem axle trailers I have always used wood blocks, typically pieces of 2x6 or 4x6, for leveling. It follows the same principals a a single axle trailer, just takes a bit longer sometimes. You want to block the tires up close to even, if needing more than one block, but they don't need to be exactly even. By that I mean that if you need to raise the side 3 inches you can use a 4x6 (or 2 2x6s) under one wheel, and a 2x6 under the other. The equalizer will split the difference giving you an in between. I Do it two different ways. One is to lay the blocks on the ground, and back all the way over them, meaning that both tires goes over the first block. This works well if you need a large amount of lift. Another is to slide a block behind the rear tire, and another block between the tires, then back up. Works better for shorter lifts. Ether way works. Be careful if you are needing to block it up a large amount, because it can slip off if the trailer isnt aligned on the blocks well.

4. generok

generok Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    Take a look at the Anderson system. I went that route. Here's their video on YouTube.

5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I love my Andersen levelers.

6. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    Ditto, love my Andersen's.

7. Morgan23

Morgan23 Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Andersons- they're expensive but worth every penny. We use two to level our double axle TT and it literally takes less than 10 seconds to drive up onto them. Everyone who sees us using them immediately wants a set for themselves! I used to say that BAL was the best set-up item we'd purchased, despite the cost. I now say the same thing about the Andersons!