Lifting mechanism

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Fishman1, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    we just bought a 1997 Coleman/Fleetwood Taos. Have the rebuild kit for the lift. Changing this out has not proved to be too difficult. The only problem that I’ve ran up against so far is how does the spring connect to the ratchet pall ? I’ve looked at the exploded view and it still baffles me. Any help would be appreciated. It seems to me that the spring may be too big but it’s the same size as the old one.

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Got a picture of the exploded view you can post? A picture of the spring and ratchet pall would help help us visual people.

3. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I’d be glad to post a pic of the exploded view if I can figure out how to paste on here. Also it’s dark here. I can take a phone tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help.

4. WrkrBee

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Right click on exploded view image and copy. Right click in post text area and paste.

5. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Thanks for trying to help me but I am trying to cut and paste the exploded view of the lift system and having zero luck. I have taken the system partially apart. Not the entire thing just the ratcheting part with the pall and spring. Hope my son can help me later this week.

6. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    95594320-8BC7-44FD-BACE-902B7939B61D.jpeg

7. WrkrBee

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    I had to look this up for a bigger view. It looks like there is a small hole in bracket #10 under the pawl mounting hole. One end of the torsion spring goes in it, and the other end of the spring goes under the pawl to hold it against the ratchet.

8. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Thank you. I wasn’t able to see it until you pointed it out. I’ll get outside tomorrow and have a good look. If it’s not raining.