Load Center\ Converter Cooling Fan

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by mrbruce38, Jul 26, 2017.

1. mrbruce38

mrbruce38 New Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I have a 2004 Fleetwood\Coleman Monterey. I don't have it open right now but the load center is a World Friendship. Load center is fine but I can hear the cooling fan starting to make noise. Has anyone replaced the fan in these ? is it an 80mm or 120mm fan ?

2. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I have never read of the fan in the WFCO converter failing.

"Starting to make noise" is very vague, you need to open the pup and determine exactly what is making the noise you hear.

3. mrbruce38

mrbruce38 New Member

Oct 4, 2013
    It's no question as to what is making the noise. It is the cooling fan as when it shuts off the noise goes away. They are just standard cooling fans like a desktop computer has although they are ball bearing fans vs the cheap sleeve fans. Usually either 40,80 or 120mm 12v. I was just hoping someone has done one so I could order it. I will go pick up my pup and pull it out.

Thank you !

4. mrbruce38

mrbruce38 New Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Solved, it is a standard 80mm two wire case fan. The factory fan was a Sunon KD1208PTS1, DC 12V 2.6W.

It was an easy change, just take out the two screws mounting it to the cabinet, then you have six or seven to remove for the panels and then the four holding the fan to the load center box. Be careful removing the fan plug from the circuit board as they have it hot glued. A pair of needle nose helps.

Worst thing about it was being in my driveway in the July Florida sun with no power, must have been 110deg in there...LOL