Looking for rail mounted outdoor prep table

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by CanadianViking, Mar 20, 2018.

1. CanadianViking

CanadianViking New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Calgary AB Canada
    Hello all,

I’m looking for an outdoor prep table that I can attach to the barbeque rail on my aliner classic. I know Flagstaff offers one as an accessory (which I like the design of), so I guess I could reach out to a dealer. I also found the following version online:
    https://ouioutdoors.com/product/rv-universal-folding-table/

Does anybody have any experience with such a table? Or know of other suppliers of a similar product?

Thank you,

Thomas

For reference, this is the link to the Flagstaff prep table:
    http://www.robertssales.com/images/options/prep_table_specs.jpg

2. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    I'd make your own. It can be whatever dimensions you want, just add a rail on the back and some collapsible "L" brackets to add support on trailers side. I did this as a workaround when using my Coleman stove on my Utah and it works like a damn.....only costs were the wood,L brackets (both from Rona) and the rail (used from a trailer rebuilder)....total cost....25.00.

kitphantom and jmkay1 like this.
  3. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I wanted to do this on my 2003 Tacoma. I bought a camp stove and don't plan on bringing the camper stove anymore on trips. I like to leave the prep table inside as it serves as our primary counter space. I want to make another one for outside to leave up. When can i find the tracking to put along to wood to mount to the bracket?

4. myride

myride Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Edmonton, AB
    I found mine at a trailer rebuilder but I'm sure its available "new" for most RV places. Just make sure to take along the piece you have to match them up....profiles tend to vary slightly as I found out.

5. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Make your own as noted. I still have my stove attached outside like usual and then I also have a 4' x 2' rail mounted table with mono fold down leg (adjustable height). I can level it under virtually any type of ground. It makes a great accessory surface and if is all under the awning when deployed. You can get the male / female rails on ebay, amazon, or at your camper place. I'm using a special composite table, so it is extremely light yet very stiff, but there are lots of options for the table itself.

myride likes this.
  6. cyndib

cyndib Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Arnold, Missouri
    We love our table that came with our camper. Use it all the time.

7. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    I searched and searched for one and couldn't find anything, so I made my own. I even searched and searched for the mating bracket on my Fleetwood and never found anything. I have access to a sheet metal brake, so I cut and broke some aluminum to the dimensions of my grill bracket. I had some leftover mahogany so I cut out a tabletop and a swinging leg to brace against the side of the p'up below the rail. Best time I've devoted to a mod yet! Holds my beer, lantern, tongs, spatula, etc right where I need it most.

landon6062 and myride like this.
  8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    My old Jayco had a small outside counter that came with the camper although it was lower than the stove and too small for a prep table. I found it worthless for what I wanted. So ended up just buying a small folding adjustable table from Walmart. I agree, I would just make your own so that you can modify to whatever size will work for you.

9. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

This sounds like a nice piece do you have any photos of it?

10. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    Not at the moment, but I'll try to take one next time I get the p'up out of the shop.

11. CanadianViking

CanadianViking New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Calgary AB Canada
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. Just wanted to follow up as I decided to go with the RV universal folding table. Ordered it through Amazon, very nice product, works exactly as needed.

12. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    South Carolina
    Yes, that is what I am hoping to do also..

Sure wish you could provide pictures, so I could follow the instructions better : )