Lots of mosquitos....

Discussion in 'Camping Around Wildlife' started by ham fam, Jul 1, 2017.

1. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Sorry but spraying or sprinkling poison around your campsite is wrong. Put on a repellent

2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Houghton MI
    This spring we switched to the chemical picaridin since DEET sometimes makes us break out. Its kinda harsh! (I'm a sensitive guy) The UN ran independent tests on picaridin which found it was as effective as DEET for misquotes.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    This year the masquitos we're out with a vengeance. Normally they don't swarm to me but this year my usual tricks were just not cutting it. Hevk even off wasn't working.
    When I was eaten alive on two different trips I broke down and bought a screen room. So when I'm sitting at camp I'm protected. On a hike I wear long pants and long shirt with off and don't have too many problems. It was just at camp when I was being bombarded by those bloodsuckers.

4. cyndib

cyndib Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Arnold, Missouri
    Try the citronella with bitefighter. It works well for us. We don't even have to spray the bug spray.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I brought a box fan with me , so that helped. If it was bad, into the screen room!

6. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    I also use citronella with bite fighter . I use it in tike touches and lamps. We camp beside a river and haven't had any problems this year