Low point drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by handdydaddy, May 9, 2019.

1. handdydaddy

handdydaddy Active Member

I have a 2016 Jayco 10sd. I have water in my fresh water tank, but can’t figire out how to empty it. I went to the area that says low point drain and there are no valves. I unscrewed the plywood covering the bench holding the tank and there was one valve that appeared to lead to the exterior. Turned it with no luck. I looked to see if the hole was clogged and it doesn’t appear so. Help!!

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Is there a bolt on the bottom of the water tank, like an oil pan on a car engine?

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Interesting no drain valve there...

My Off-Road POPUP has the fresh water tank and the shower drain both coming to a very visible valve. You can see it here under the fridge vents in this photo showing how I drain my sink when camping off grid haha...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Our Jayco Eagle doesn't have a drain valve on the fresh water tank. When we sanitize it, we just run the faucet until it's empty.

5. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

That's where the user has to use a drill to drain the tank and install a valve. It's too complicated for the manufacturer to figure out how to install a fitting, hose, and valve. That's weight and money they do not want counted.

neighbormike likes this.
  6. handdydaddy

handdydaddy Active Member

I emailed Jayco to see what I was doing wrong. I sent them a picture of the bench storage area and the valve that I suspected was correct. They confirmed I was right. I have turned it and still no draining. I’m going to see if I can find something of the appropriate size to try and snake the tube with. Hopefully a muddobber built a nest in there or something of the like and I can clear it out and make things work.